Ocala, Florida
1.4K views
3.7
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 08, 2016

I am happy to state that issues are being addressed !!! Plus our clubhouse will be completed soon.

More and more people are moving in. More activities and groups are springing up.

I am much happier. There are a few outstanding issues, but I am not worried they will not be resolved

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2016

I bought a designer Shea home at trilogy Ocala preserve ... They claim this is resort living.

Shea designed everything in this home ... Not me. First - my sales person was not honest about much of anything. She was having a home built so I thought she was telling me the truth.

No! Ok I can survive without flowers in my flower beds. Only one type of fence is approved (after moving in) and it is $7000 !?!

Ok but the bad stuff: poor workmanship from my tile floor, to lot grading and drainage to my a/c line installed at an upward angle so it does not properly drain, to front colonial columns that look like a toddler put them together .... To a refrigerator door that can't open all the way due to the wall.

One of my favorites is the low spot on my lanai directly in front of the outdoor gas fireplace .... The rain water pools there ... Plus the wind blows out the pilot. Yep this has been and still is a nightmare.

Oh did I mention paying over $300 a month for the amenities and we were promised a pool By summer 2016 ,,,, now it is 2017. The pond for kayaking was opened and then closed because they did not get insurance and my maintenance free lifestyle meant I came home to an al it's dead tree in my front yard and plants and lawn on deaths bed. Yep and no one seems to be able to get their act together.

Do not hire brightview to take care of landscaping -- that who we have. Yep no resort living here .

Product or Service Mentioned: Shea Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Shea Homes Cons: Poor quality, Poor customer service, Drainage too much to list.

Comments

Edter000
Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States #1252237

Welcome to *** - Hope you don't have Zoysia grass too!