Afton, Oklahoma
1.2

I purchased almost $3000 worth of the Vinyl Laminate flooring from shaw to do do my living room and another large room in about seven months ago and I cannot express how worthless this product is. We installed these flat vinyl WATERPROOF planks in about two days total but it didn't take long for my husband and I to have some serious issues with this flooring.

About a week after install I noticed the floor starting to wave. Come to find out, this flooring cannot be exposed to direct sunlight or it warps!! I filed a claim with shaw and they sent out a rep to check it out. Shaw never did directly respond to the claim.

I had to call Lowes (where I purchased the flooring) to ask what the verdict on the claim ended up being. To my surprise shaw claimed that it was a moisture issue that made the VINYL WATERPROOF flooring wave. I live by a lake which is EXACTLY why the Lowes rep recommended this particular product to us! I was also present during the evaluation that the shaw rep did and seen the moisture reading measured very low.

Unknown to them I had done a little science experiment on my own and submerged a sample piece of the exact flooring in a bucket of water overnight to see what the flooring would do. It was not harmed in any way BUT when exposed to sunlight it would warp up. Lowes eventually replaced the product in the room I was having issues with carpet instead. Although, now I am experiencing separation between the planks I have in my living room!!

I suppose you can't move furniture on this flooring either because the planks will pull apart from one another!!!! This flooring is by far the biggest waste of my money! I wish I never would have been recommended this flooring! Shame on this company for not doing the right thing by their consumers!!

I will NEVER buy anything from this company in the future. Nor would I recommend it to anyone!

Product or Service Mentioned: Shaw Floors Laminate Flooring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Shaw Floors Cons: I hate the flooring and not fond of the company.

Comments