Do not buy ($1,200) a drawer microwave manufactured by Sharp.When installed in a cabinet as designed, the unit blows the moisture from the heated product down the front of the cabinet causing the wood to rot.
Sharp customer service stated I need to "purchase" an additional kit that is designed for a flush mount install. My unit was not flush mount installed. Sharp sent a tech to my house and he witnessed the issue and did not know of a fix.
I paid $1,200 for a microwave.
I should not have to pay any additional for it to work as designed.
If you have one of these units installed as designed, cook a couple of potatoes and watch the water roll down your cabinet.You will be replacing your cabinet.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being accused of installing unit incorrectly
- Horrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Fix the unit properly at Sharps expense. I shoudl not have to spend any additional money nor install additional parts when the unit is installed as designed.
- Product or service
- Sharp Smd2470As Microwave Drawer Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›