Sharebuilder - Review about Shares

14 of 35 Sharebuilder reviews

So today shares of GTAT dropped 90%+ after filing chapter 11.I bought in after the drop.

The shares then went up .25 cents after a few mins and I was up $15,000. I went on my sharebuilder app and tried to sell and a thing popped up that said they did not recognize the ticker. Tried it on the webpage and still couldn't sell. Called them right away and they didn't know why I couldn't sell.

Was going to do a phone trade but it dropped and I was now down 30,000$. Said they would lower the 19.99$ phone trade fee down to 9.99. How nice of them!!! Talked to them 5 more times and they didn't know why it wouldn't work and said later I could sell over the phone only.

Then an hour later I was then able to buy and sell GTAT. The stock was halted at market open for a while, then I bought it, it wouldn't let me sell when I was up, then still wouldn't let me do anything and no one could tell me why. Now down 40,000$ just going to hang on and see what happens.

Sharebuilder sucks.Going to td if I don't loose my life savings because of them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Shares
Review category
Financial Services
review #543134

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sharebuilder? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
14 of 35 Sharebuilder reviews
Austyn41

Oct 06, 2014 #880834 Ashland, Wisconsin, United States

Note: shares of GTAT hit the circuit breaker which paused trading many times when it starting trading again. I was not able to place a sell order while trading was paused OR when shares were actively trading. Sharebuilder claims it is a good platform for day trading but this is false. It is not my first problem with this platform. Do not use sharebuilder. Take my word for it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sharebuilder.
Filing a new complaint about
×