Servicemaster - Overpriced and borderline fraud

19 of 54 Servicemaster reviews

We had them do a clean up after a water leak.We were flustered and did not know who to call.

since they advertise so heavily, we could only think of the name Service Master and we called our insurance agent and she suggested Service Master. We called Service Master and they said insurance would cover their cost. $500 worth of work and fan rentals, cost the insurance company, and ultimately us, $5000.00.

i know the Insurance company likes paying them because it will reflect in my future homeowners insurance premiums.,

I feel Service Master has a license to steal.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Overcharge

Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Preferred solution:
for them to do the right thing. one day, someone will set up a sting and shut these people down.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Servicemaster Water Damage Cleanup
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #769460

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Servicemaster? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
19 of 54 Servicemaster reviews

May 25, 2016 #1164389

What you may not realize is that even though you didn't approve the charges beforehand; your insurance company holds those charges against you/your property in a national database and it (plus any other costs of your claim) will serve to make it more difficult and more expensive to get homeowners insurance in the future.

0 0 Reply

Apr 13, 2016 #1144236

I'm pretty sure that equipment is from ServPro and not ServiceMaster. ServPro has the exclusive license for the green equipment.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.