Cumming, Georgia

Service Magic is a company that recommends contractors for home repairs. They claim to vet their vendors but anybody can get listed for a fee. They don't vet at all and they don't stand behind their word.

They recommended a contractor to level my house who not only did damage, but didn't even complete the work and just took my money and disappeared.

Service magic claims they publish on their website they are only liable for $500 but to get that you have to sign away your right to complain or prosecute. Can't find that disclaimer anywhere.

They should be prosecuted with interstate fraud and false advertising for starters.

Review about: Contractor Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Service Magic?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

First American Home Warranty - Totally Blown Away by FAHW's Business Practices! First American Home Warranty "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..." Read more Chuparosa Painting made a mess of my house Chuparosa Painting "I hired Chuparosa Painting for the exterior of my home based on several recommendations on Nextdoor.com. During the estimate, I asked George Stewart, one of the owners, who would be..." Read more Mohawk Industries - BUYER BEWARE Mohawk Industries "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..." Read more Empire Today - Disappointed Customer Empire Today "My review would not allow me to post the pics. I took these pics of some of the issues with our Hardwood floors that were installed a couple months ago...." Read more Red Roof Inn Bwi - MOLD, MILDEW, DRUGS, FLOOD DAMAGE, PROSTITUTION, UNPROFESSIONALISM, VIOLENT FIGHTS ON PREMISES & MORE! Red Roof Inn Bwi "Arriving from Texas I had many situations occur In the RedRoof Inn BWI as of last year March 2016 I never witnessed or heard of otherwise in a lifetime and..." Read more Offerup - Buyer was a Thief Offerup "We were selling an I Phone 7 plus on offer up. The buyer made an offer and we sent 3 people to meet with this man at a very busy..." Read more Getblastednow - Dave Rupley "sold" me some Jeep stuff and never delivered Getblastednow "Dave, to his credit, is a very convincing *** man. He sold me a set of Rubicon tires and rims that he had advertised on Craigslist for $500.00. After a..." Read more City Of Hope Hospital - A license to Kill! City Of Hope Hospital "My child tragically lost her life last year at City of Hope hospital, Duarte, CA. She was admitted to the hospital with an unresolved urinary tract infection. There were numerous..." Read more