Sergeants Gold - PetArmourPro Advance for fleas harms cats and claims are false ! (Distributed by Sergeants )
My husband purchased 2 boxes of the PetArmorPro Advanced at Walmart on 08/11/14. I didn't apply it to my 5 cats until a couple of days later. When I did, it appeared to work initially but within hours instead of the fleas starting to dissipate it appeared like they were mutating and that on some of the cats there was a larger abundance of them than had previously been. . I dismissed that to the fact that had just applied it to them and went by the advice on the box regarding the length of time that it could take to get them under control. I had also used Raid Flea and tick killer for carpet along with other products in the home as well as outside the home. We thought we had them under control..somewhat....however that was not the case.... After a couple of days, yes there were some dead ones.....there also was a major increase in flea dander being left from all 5 of them. Which I expected however but that continued as did the mutation of the fleas and they also got larger....instead of going away.
I reapplied the Raid flea and tick killer carpet powder numerous times as well as the sprays both inside and out as well as gave all the cats so many baths that they would run and hide when the water was running sometimes. I washed all our bedding almost daily and all the throw rugs etc. It got to the point of being ridiculous. I spoke to a rep from Sergeant anonymously and stated my concern... I was assured that it would work and there would be no issues. NOT! As it got further long in the month all of a sudden my female cat who is a little over 2 years old started chewing on herself and meowing a lot more due to the number of fleas that were invading her little body. (She was a runt and almost didn't make it. She was bottle fed the 1st 3+ weeks of her life until she could eat soft food.) The males continued itching a lot also but nowhere near as much as her except my oldest one. (They're all the appropriate weight and health BTW.)
As of now she looks like someone did a punk design on her and she has *** marks all over. We trimmed her claws, bathed her numerous times with a gentle soap not getting anywhere near the application area. I applied triple antibiotic, or an anti itch recommended by the vet on her to prevent her from itching more and also to aid her in healing. This is her today. I am so angry with the deception that this company used in stating that it would work as well as FRONT LINE and that it contained similar active ingredients! **! I have contacted Sergeant via email regarding this issue and hope to hear back although not counting on anything positive from them based on the other posts. Over $67.00 down the tubes and a cat that is so sweet and so small compared to my males having to contend with the BS due to the boasting of a company that cannot compete with the maker of Frontline or the maker of Advantage Ii-Bayer.
I pray that I am able to get a refund from them. I am posting to warn others. Check out the pictures of my little baby girl due to this stuff! I am really really angry re: what it did to her. If this review helps prevent others from going through what I have and my poor baby girl has...then I will be happy with that. And the bottom line of this is DO NOT PURCHASE THAT PRODUCT. IT DOESN'T WORK AS THEY CLAIM IT DOES. NONE OF MY CATS ARE RELATED AND SOME HAVE DIFFERENT BLOOD TYPES ........BUT THEY ALL STILL HAVE FLEAS AND A LOT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD AFTER USING A PRODUCT. I HAVE OWNED CATS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND USED VARIOUS PRODUCTS OVER THE YEARS AND NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH FLEAS LIKE THIS.
WE ENDED UP PURCHASING A DIFFERENT PRODUCT MADE BY BAYER WHICH WORKED EXTREMELY WELL. THAT WAS ANOTHER $70.00 WE SHOULDN;T HAVE HAD TO SPEND EXCEPT PET ARMOURS CLAIMS ARE FALSE THAT IT WORKS IN 1 HR
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- false product claim
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Petarmourpro Advanced
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Gave my dog 3 wafers (she was 83#) of GNC calming tablets. In an hour she dropped dead on the floor. She had been running and playing in..."
- "Banfield took my money for 7 years then 10 days after a Comprehensive well being check my cat had a stroke. Banfield said to bring him right in and left..."
- "For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."