SELFBUILDIRELAND - Ruined Furniture
I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction.I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility for approximately 8 months.
It was completely ruined by a bug infestation, animal *** and urine and chewed thru in a few places. I had the movers dump all but 3 wooden pieces I was able to clean and salvage. The storage facility owner told me by Florida statute there was nothing they could do, for all they knew the furniture was infested when I brought it in. I have complained to the BBB and I'm hoping every post I make prevents another customer from having their belongings destroyed.
I'll never use another Self-Store facility and will tell everyone I know, and then some.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Self Storage Facility
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "My father orders inventory from a company located in California. I only heard about this incident in great detail today when Southeastern Freight Lines arrived to deliver our restaurant inventory...."
- "RUN AWAY. DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE FAKE REVIEWS. This is one of the most dishonest and uncaring company i have ever dealt with. I'm shocked that such business practice..."
- "Absolute nightmare. Due to a roof leak, nearly all of my belongings have been destroyed by black mold and mildew. Even if I had chosen the elective insurance..."
- "Wesley Berry florists is a fraud. They do not send what was ordered by something that is truly inferior. Attempts to call and complain ends up with a transfer to..."
- "So, we were looking for a company to lease some equipment, we went through the normal questions and ask them what documents you need, what scores do you require, please..."
- "About four years ago I purchased a red bycast leather sectional sofa, matching chair and two matching ottomans from Rooms To Go, Ocala, Fl. I was suspicious right from..."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."