Ocala, Florida
Featured Not resolved

I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction.I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility for approximately 8 months.

It was completely ruined by a bug infestation, animal *** and urine and chewed thru in a few places. I had the movers dump all but 3 wooden pieces I was able to clean and salvage. The storage facility owner told me by Florida statute there was nothing they could do, for all they knew the furniture was infested when I brought it in. I have complained to the BBB and I'm hoping every post I make prevents another customer from having their belongings destroyed.

I'll never use another Self-Store facility and will tell everyone I know, and then some.

Review about: Self Storage Facility.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $10000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with SELFBUILDIRELAND?

Comments

Matt
Dallas, Texas, United States #655811

Did you take any pictures that show where the animals were entering the unit?That would be of great value.

It seems to be that in this situation the burden would be on you to demonstrate their negligence resulted in an infestation of pests. Otherwise, their claim that you brought the pests with you would be the default.

FYI...Complaining to the BBB is a waste of time.

The BBB is basically a scheme to sell memberships to businesses.You're much better off going to Twitter to complain and small claims court to try and recover your losses.