Gainesville, Florida
100% full Not resolved

DISGRACEFUL, GIMMICKY COMPANY POLICIES include:

Related: Sleep Number - Piece of ***

(1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises.

(2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and can't afford to lose $360 might feel stuck keeping a substandard bed--does the company count on that?

(3) Refusing to let customers return beds to local store (instead charging $180 return fee).

(4) Hiding from customers who received substandard bed (customer service would not give me a manager's email or phone #).

I bought a P6 (about $2900, all told).

Based on a 2-hour store visit and the small sample-mattress (the store didn’t have a P6 floor model when I shopped), I was led to believe I would get a 12-inch deep mattress with adequate padding for comfy side sleeping.

Instead, I got--

- A mattress that’s only 10-11 inches deep.

- Shoulder pain from side sleeping (inadequate padding).

- Tubes sticking out of the mattress, so sheets don’t fit tightly.

I think the company breached our contract by delivering a mattress of lower quality than the company had represented it would be.

I asked the company to “make me whole” (as though the transaction had never occurred)—by refunding the delivery fee, purchase price, and tax and by waiving the return fee.

The Company insisted that I’m still on the hook for the $180 delivery fee and the $180 return fee. The customer service script: “You signed a contract . . . .”

I’ve read some statutes (breach of express and implied warranties) and am thinking about small-claims court if the company doesn't refund both the delivery and return fees.

Review about: Sleep Number P6 Bed.

I liked: Quick delivery.

I didn't like: Product the return process and customer service, Customer service, Very high-cost mattress, Product not as represented.

1.9
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Order processing issue / $360
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Select Comfort?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.