Saint Louis, Missouri
Featured on Google+ Not resolved

I ordered a roomful of top down matchstick shades a little over 3 years ago from SelectBlinds.Within months they began falling apart.

Related: Select Blinds - Poor customer service

My mistake, I waited until just past their lifetime warranty (3 years!!!!!-who knew that was a lifetime???) to call and let them know that I now had every one of my 9 blinds inoperable, slats falling the the floor, mechanisms broken-literal blind suicide. It looks like we are living in a ghetto. They admitted I had received defective blinds, but offered only a 50% discount, which would have amounted to only a 20% discount over what I paid 3 years ago. While all 3 people I spoke with were pleasant it became clear that they had no intention of offering anything further-like replacing admittedly DEFECTIVE product!

The supervisor would not speak to me. I'm really upset and disappointed that this company would have so little respect for their product and their customers to not replace this defective product. BTW-this is a household of 2 adults (no pets), we operate these blinds 2x a day. Not exactly heavy use!!!

If anyone needs further proof - see pics attached. If you need another vendor for blinds, try blindsanddrapery.com. I have similar blinds from them that are 12 years old. Not ONE problem.

I will be replacing the trash I received from SB with their blinds.A costly lesson learned.

Review about: Blinds.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Select Blinds Blinds
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $875
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Select Blinds?

Comments

mel-e
Georgetown, Texas, United States #894787

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!I cannot tell you how infuriated I am after spending thousands of dollars on these cheap pieces of GARBAGE!

Every single one of my shades (9 total) has unraveled, or in some other way just plain fallen apart.

After the first one fell apart, it was replaced at our cost, and has not had a single issue...not sure if they send the crappy batch first, and then wait for complaints, or what...but this is inexcusable...I have never dealt with a company so unwilling to back their product up or try to make it right.I will NEVER buy from them again, and I tell everyone I know not to either.