191 views
Verified Reviewer

1.2

An assistant visited from a neighbor's property, asking if I wanted my driveway done. I asked what the service was and the price.

The owner of United Contracting, Donny Costello, returned with 2 pieces of literature re: SealMaster Coal Tar Pavement Sealer to read. I was able to make a copy. I asked what the price was and then followed with what a cash price would be which was quoted lower. Having a need to resurface our driveway, I immediately discussed with my husband and gave him the go ahead.

SealMaster Coal Tar was originally applied 9.27.22.

Later that day, it was not to my satisfaction; so owner, Donny Costello, asked me to send pictures of what I was not satisfied with. I sent 8-10 pictures, via text, of white tips showing through the black sealant and he said he would reapply a "flashcoat".

THREE FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENTS WERE MADE & BROKEN!

- 10-10-22 appointment was between noon and 1 PM. Donny was a NO SHOW! He then rescheduled the next day.

- 10-11-22 appointment was between 1 and 2 PM.

Again, that didn't happen! Again, scheduled the next day

- 10-12-22 appointment was no specific time. Each time I asked when he would be arriving and he simply just scheduled for the following day. On the third day I was asked for our address.

That was promptly sent at 1:06 PM via text. No response and NO SHOW, again. I asked why. Donny said he never got the address that was texted.

He asked for a Screenshot of that message. I have never had my integrity questioned! I followed with 3 screen shots, which he finally said he received one.

Although he was "nearby" today and we had an all day appointment, he never visited.

I had blown the leaves and debris off the driveway on Monday, fully expecting his arrival that day, the following day and again today. None of the 3 appointments were kept!

User's recommendation: Pay with a check or credit card so you could cancel payment or originate a billing dispute if dissatisfied or service was not as expected.

Preferred solution: A second application as promised..

SealMaster Cons: 3 broken appointments the lack of product applied.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

I would like to update the follow up from SealMaster and Donny Costello. He finally sprayed the second coat today, as stated he would do days ago.

My original rating yielded 1.2; since he finally provided a second coat, I would like to raise that to a 3. A lot of frustration but Donny finally did as he stated he would do.

SealMaster Reviews