SCORE- Old Guys with Out-of-Touch Advice
SCORE is a national organization of retired middle managers whose mission is to educate and counsel small business owners. There are chapters all over the US, and they "counsel" thousands of small business owners and start ups for free.
It's as if you went to the Moose Lodge to get free business advice. Few of the counselors have ever owned a business, had to survive without a pay check or had to make a payroll. Many of the counselors are "out of the loop" in today's business world. They don't understand the nuances of the internet, social media, web marketing or anything that occurred in business after they retired.
Because they come from a different era, all the "isms" are alive and well in SCORE. Sexism, ageism, homophobia, and race-ism (although they keep this under lock and key). Look at how many women and people of color are in your local chapter, for instance.
Many retired guys join SCORE to reclaim their lost authority in the working world. Its managed in a top-down way, with the most pushy getting their way. Because of this there is a lot of juggling for power and back stabbing within the organization.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- " I started working with the company in January 2016 and in 6 months I grew my company from $17,000 /month to $240,000 /month. And I'm not just talking..."
- "My name is Cory Ermi, and a friend of mine had told me that he talked to his boss and I was to go and fill out an application because..."
- "I was reading through the reviews during the process of ordering my second Craftmatic bed. Our first was a dual king in 1995. My husband and I loved..."
- "They do not pay their hold back account on time. This is a one-time retainer that reaches $2,000 (Recently increased to $3,000) and is supposed to be released 105..."
- "I ordered a 1000 thread count king size sheet set, 100% Egyptian Cotton sheet set and a goose-like down comforter. Impressed by the price of $49 on the sheet..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."