SCHUT BRICK STONE LANDSCAPE POOR WORKMANSHIP
Approx 2 years ago, we went into Schut Brick Stone Landscape on Mount Pleasant Street in Branford and inquired on a front step railing.The company dispatched someone out to our house to measure up the railing, we then placed an order.
During our absence the railing system was installed and upon inspection it was extremely obvious that the top newell post was not level but leaned toward the street. We phoned and left messages, we emailed and stated our concerns and after no response we asked for a refund. Then we heard from the company and a gentleman was sent out to view our concerns. He indicated that it was very secure, we agreed, and did feel that perhaps it was a bit off.
We stated that if it could be moved down one step perhaps that would correct the lean. He said we would have to order a new newell post. We said we would pay for a new one in order to correct the work. It was obvious that the railings were not measured correctly and were too short from top newell post to bottom newell post.
I now see that because of this error and trying to correct the appearance, the bottom railing is now pulling apart from the post.
I think I was being too optimistic to think that this company would correct their work and wonder if they are still coming back to repair this.I should have insisted on a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aluminum Railing
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "When I originally started, I had a beautiful lawn and with my age creeping up, I thought I would hire TruGreen after a sales person made all of these false..."
- "What a despicable company. Monster Tree service took it upon themselves to use the driveway of my rental house (preventing 2 of my 3 tenants from parking) to park their..."
- "I had truegreen for about three months. Almost immediately the grass was turning colors in certain spots and dying faster. I asked the guy if i needed to water..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "All the zippers on your jeans and shorts have caused small holes in all my shirts after sitting. I have to make sure when I sit that the shirt is..."
- "Pioneer Pools was payed to install an above ground pool I purchased from them, they DID NOT put the screening down under the support ribs causing the liner to rip...."
- "Was googling for a sterling silver photo locket to go with my chain and came across picturesongold.com. I ordered the sterling silver dog tag locket with two color laser photos..."