SCHUT BRICK STONE LANDSCAPE POOR WORKMANSHIP
Approx 2 years ago, we went into Schut Brick Stone Landscape on Mount Pleasant Street in Branford and inquired on a front step railing.The company dispatched someone out to our house to measure up the railing, we then placed an order.
During our absence the railing system was installed and upon inspection it was extremely obvious that the top newell post was not level but leaned toward the street. We phoned and left messages, we emailed and stated our concerns and after no response we asked for a refund. Then we heard from the company and a gentleman was sent out to view our concerns. He indicated that it was very secure, we agreed, and did feel that perhaps it was a bit off.
We stated that if it could be moved down one step perhaps that would correct the lean. He said we would have to order a new newell post. We said we would pay for a new one in order to correct the work. It was obvious that the railings were not measured correctly and were too short from top newell post to bottom newell post.
I now see that because of this error and trying to correct the appearance, the bottom railing is now pulling apart from the post.
I think I was being too optimistic to think that this company would correct their work and wonder if they are still coming back to repair this.I should have insisted on a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aluminum Railing
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "truegreen been in my house trying to kill all the weeds in a year contract but what they kill was my grass. customer service always play with us and..."
- "I recently purchased item 125B-BRC-RB Husqvarna 125B 28CC Gas leaf Blower from VMInnovations. It was delivered today in absolutely unacceptable condition. The box the blower came in was open when I received..."
- "It took them 3 weeks to take care of one tree!! They had every excuse in the book not to comeback and finish the job! They have damaged my lawn..."
- "Very unhappy about this. I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with. I have called them many times before to order items when..."
- "Pioneer Pools was payed to install an above ground pool I purchased from them, they DID NOT put the screening down under the support ribs causing the liner to rip...."
- "The top has a seam running double down the left side and sticking out. The top is not wearable and is so cheaply made that I'm sure Zulily must be..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."