I bought a Scamp 5th wheel trailer in January of 2008. Never again. Prior to this I always had truck campers since I live in Alaska.
I decided to get something that I could unload so I could get into difficult areas where all the good fishing was. I read the reviews and thought the Scamp was a good choice. It wasn't.
The thing is falling apart already. The water tank fill port leaked all over the trailer and it wasn't until I pulled it apart that I could find it. There are other issues as well, such as the drawers all falling out once you are moving. The refrigerator doors popped open and broke off due to a real lousy suspension.
The sink in the bathroom is a flimsy plastic contraption that is one jump up from a paper plate. The water that leaked has damaged the plywood sink cabinet as well as the cabinet with drawers on the other side and dry rot will probably be the result.
I know I am a certified building inspector. This was supposed to be the deluxe model and I drove down from Fairbanks, Alaska to pick it up. What a mistake. If this is an example of American craftsmanship, buy Chinese, on second thought don't buy anything and watch these clowns starve to death.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Scamp 5Th Wheel Trailer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."
- "In November 2011 we purchased a 4 month old English Bulldog puppy from Jess Durkin..we already had rescued a 1 1/2 year old bulldog and even though we still have..."