Scag Power Equipment - SCAG Doesn't Stand Behind It's Own Brand
Our City purchase a 3 brand new Scag Mowers in 2014, one of them caught fire after being placed on a trailer after use, the fire was quickly extinguished but the new under warranty SCAG was damaged, and in need of repair.
Being the new Director @ this job, It took two weeks of investigating to figure out why the SCAG had been sitting in our garage broken and still under warranty..... Once I had all of the documents, and photos in hand I contacted the vendors with no resolve knowing that the equipment was in fact still under warranty @ the time it caught fire. I then wrote directly to SCAG online.
I got a call within 2 days, hoping that it would resolve everything, but all I received was an invitation by a company sublet to by SCAG to handle, and resolve SCAG equip issues. I was given information to take the mower to a authorized dealer, after the contracted company saw the photos of my damaged equipment.
After contacting the Authorized Repair Shop, without ever hearing from a SCAG Corporate person, I spoke to a repairman who told me for a min $200 fee would he would diagnose the problems if any, list the cost of replacement parts and deduct the $200 fee from the equipment repair, should we decide to fix it.
I dropped of the SCAG to get it repaired upset that the dealer told me not to even bring it unless the $200 was paid in full first! I pulled out my credit card, and made sure he got his money to evaluate the SCAG zero turn mower once my employees arrived with it.
I plan to pay the Authorized SCAG repair shop every penny we owe them to properly repair our equipment without filing an insurance claim to recoup any loses. but I'll be auctioning off every piece of SCAG equipment our city currently owns @ the Department of Public Works, once I get that SCAG zero turn mower back.
Without mentioning the name of the Equipment, this City will purchase going forward, The Equipment Will Have The Full Warrantied Support Of The Next Brand We Use....... I will say that had I been a Corporate person with any company, I wouldn't allow my BRAND to lose 1 customer over a issue like this.
When you marry a Kawasaki, or a Briggs and Stratton to your Branded Chassis, and it catches fire.... The "customer" shouldn't be the villain, the Manufacture should try to make things right to the best of it's ability.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I have 4 scag zero turns 4 sell
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Scag Scz61V-27Fx
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Original car, perfect condition - almost new. Never see snow or rain. Very little damage to front bumper, but impact damage reverse gear in automatic trans. The evaluation -..."
- "I own a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. I wanted one of these Mustangs ever since the new retro style was introduced in 2005. Oct. 2013, I found my 2006 Mustang..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."