Scag Power Equipment - SCAG Doesn't Stand Behind It's Own Brand
Our City purchase a 3 brand new Scag Mowers in 2014, one of them caught fire after being placed on a trailer after use, the fire was quickly extinguished but the new under warranty SCAG was damaged, and in need of repair.
Being the new Director @ this job, It took two weeks of investigating to figure out why the SCAG had been sitting in our garage broken and still under warranty..... Once I had all of the documents, and photos in hand I contacted the vendors with no resolve knowing that the equipment was in fact still under warranty @ the time it caught fire. I then wrote directly to SCAG online.
I got a call within 2 days, hoping that it would resolve everything, but all I received was an invitation by a company sublet to by SCAG to handle, and resolve SCAG equip issues. I was given information to take the mower to a authorized dealer, after the contracted company saw the photos of my damaged equipment.
After contacting the Authorized Repair Shop, without ever hearing from a SCAG Corporate person, I spoke to a repairman who told me for a min $200 fee would he would diagnose the problems if any, list the cost of replacement parts and deduct the $200 fee from the equipment repair, should we decide to fix it.
I dropped of the SCAG to get it repaired upset that the dealer told me not to even bring it unless the $200 was paid in full first! I pulled out my credit card, and made sure he got his money to evaluate the SCAG zero turn mower once my employees arrived with it.
I plan to pay the Authorized SCAG repair shop every penny we owe them to properly repair our equipment without filing an insurance claim to recoup any loses. but I'll be auctioning off every piece of SCAG equipment our city currently owns @ the Department of Public Works, once I get that SCAG zero turn mower back.
Without mentioning the name of the Equipment, this City will purchase going forward, The Equipment Will Have The Full Warrantied Support Of The Next Brand We Use....... I will say that had I been a Corporate person with any company, I wouldn't allow my BRAND to lose 1 customer over a issue like this.
When you marry a Kawasaki, or a Briggs and Stratton to your Branded Chassis, and it catches fire.... The "customer" shouldn't be the villain, the Manufacture should try to make things right to the best of it's ability.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I have 4 scag zero turns 4 sell
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Scag Scz61V-27Fx
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In July 2014 we purchased a 2015 Ford Sunseeker from Leisure days in Sudbury. On July 13, 2015 we noticed the motorhome was getting loud, and we crawled underneath..."
- "MY NAME IS MICHAEL LEISING AND 10 MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CLASS A FOREST RIVER RV. FROM THE MOMENT WE TOOK POSESSION OF THIS RV IT HAS..."
- "Date of 11-28-16 at 6:46 am i dropped my vehicle off a ( 2016 black Hyundai Tuscan ) at 315 east 102nd street icon quick park garage. At 3:36 pm..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."