Tyler, Texas

Sandals Royal Bahamian called one week before travel and asked if we wanted to "upgrade" for $350.00 to a room SIX categories above what we had paid for...NO upgrade when we got there!

If that was an upgrade, I would hate to see the room we were SUPPOSED to have....Resort is a dump and needs to be completely re-done, huge hair glob in sink, broken faucets, black mold around tub, I have pictures!! Wrote to them (with pictures) and asked for my upgrade amount back, and they replied "so sorry, no one else feels this way". Of course when we got to resort, no one knew anything about our "upgrade" and we got none of the promised perks...uncaring staff, pools dirty, the list goes on and on.

We were a SECOND time Sandals customer, NEVER again!!

Review about: Upgrade.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $350
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sandals?

Comments

Julie

I had the same experience at Sandals Royal Bahamian in January of 2002.We were "guaranteed" the best room available when we checked in (beginning of Jan is not exactly high season there) and we got the dumpiest room ever in the oldest most disgusting building.

We had very little water pressure in our shower and it was COLD. They pools are dirty and like ice water. We had ANTS in our bed, there was broken glass on the beach, the food was blah. We took pictures and sued the company because they would not give us our money back when we left after 3 days of a 10 day vacation.

This was my honeymoon and it was ruined. We got about 1500 back on a trip we spent over 5000 on including airfare.

The Royal Bahamian is supposed to be their nicest resort.If this is the case I would hate to see their other resorts.