I rented a studio here last year, and it was horrible, would never advise anyone to do the same. Salon republic is a company that rents out small studios for small business owners.

When I took the tour to see their studio, they non-stop continuing to contact me to see if or when I would get the studio and pay their deposit. I was honest with them and told them I was not sure of their location was a good fit for me, and my business. I should have listened to my gut. First, salon republic told me that for any handyman work like hanging pictures or mirrors on the walls, it was best to use their contractor to do the work and the manager Eric told me that if I did use them that they would not charge me more money to cover up holes or anything besides painting after my contract was done.

Since this was my first time renting at salon republic, I took the manager, eric , word and called his contractor to hang a mirror on the wall and some small pictures of my work on a wall. Salon republic also promised and said that they would do a video and show case my studio for the first month I was there to help customs see that I was in the building and open for business. This was all a lie from Eric who is the manager of salon republic at this location, in Sunnyvale,CA. When my contract was done, I decided not to renew and I gave salon republic early notice that I was not going to renew, I asked if their was anything that I needed to do, and they said no that just to leave the studio clean, which I did.

On the last week before my move out, the supervisor did a walkthrough of my studio and said everything was good, and confirmed that the room was clean and maybe they would just repaint the walls but nothing more. I signed the form of the walkthrough and I left. On the weekend of the last day of my contract I get an email saying that I would have to pay 1000.00 for repairs in the studio, which was never told to me before and was not what the supervisor told me when he did the walkthrough. Since the salon republic had my account number on file still, they took the money out and pretty much just robbed me.

I tried calling the manager but since he did this on the weekend I guess he doesnt work weekends, he never answered. The following week I emailed and called and finally he answered and just told me that I had to pay and there was nothing he could do and lied about the walkthrough and said there was no form of the walkthrough that I signed, Eric lied and this is when I realized this was a scam and I hope no one else gets scam from them again.

Salon Republic Cons: Terrible management.

Location: San Jose, California

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Salon Republic Reviews