Safety Get - Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank
Or should I say First Inconvenience Bank and Safetyget.com???
I entered my credit card # in some age verification site that said it would charge nothing ($0.00) to my acct. Then I'm redirected to a page that tells me I've been subscribed to free 3 day membership to some amateur site I didn't even sign up for and I have 3 days to cancel or I'll be charged $34.95. So of course I went and canceled right away, Safetyget.com site shows that it was within 10 min of entering my credit card at the age verification site. the The next day I go to my bank and they tell me I'm overdrawn because of a hold this company put on my acct. for $35.00 and charge me an overdraft fee due to it. So I file a complaint with the bank (First Convenience Bank), which they did nothing about and told me I would have to get a letter from the company stating the transaction was made in error and asking them to reimburse any charges and fees to my account due to this transaction. So I call safetyget and let them know about it and that the bank said there would be no penalty or charges to the company if they sent in the letter. They tell me they don't do that and won't, so I ask for the address of their legal department. The lady tells me they don't have one. I ask where my attorney should send a letter and she tells me goodbye and hung up on me. So much for customer service.
Now to the Bank issue, when I originally filed the complaint with the bank the branch managers assistant told me if it was never charged to my account they would of course reimburse any fees that resulted from this hold. Four days later and speaking to the branch manager now, I get a completely different story. Now they tell me they won't without the letter mentioned above. I have previously posted a complaint here about this bank and it's practices. Seems that every two or three weeks I'm in this bank arguing with them over some way they've found to charge me a fee on this free checking acct. Well I'm fed up!!
If you've ever had a legitimate billing issue with either of these companies and it hasn't been worked out or you simply gave up due to the excessive hassle. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of what happened and your contact information and I will provide it to my lawyer who is currently putting together a class action lawsuit against both Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank.
A very pissed consumer,
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Age Verification Check
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have been a Netspend customer for a couple of years, and before now, never had any issues. I signed up for their text message alerts, which texts my..."
- "I've had similar issues as other complaints - fees at "free" atms, many denied transactions, but not once have I been able to get through to a real person in..."
- "I've had my NetSpend account for well over 2 years now. My direct deposit from work goes into this account as well as my tax refund deposit. I recently decided..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "This place is so unclean. Had dirty marks all over. The door looked like it was just broken into. No chain lock. I tried to give the room..."
- "Send flowers to a funeral paid $162 got a very small insignificant vase of flowers got a rebate of $56 was not sufficient worst flowers ever will never use them..."
- "Discount Tire located in Harker Heights, TX. I brought 4 new rimes and tires in Oct of 2010. 3 out of 4 tires belts where broken. 1.First, Discount tried..."