Safety Get - Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank
Or should I say First Inconvenience Bank and Safetyget.com???
I entered my credit card # in some age verification site that said it would charge nothing ($0.00) to my acct. Then I'm redirected to a page that tells me I've been subscribed to free 3 day membership to some amateur site I didn't even sign up for and I have 3 days to cancel or I'll be charged $34.95. So of course I went and canceled right away, Safetyget.com site shows that it was within 10 min of entering my credit card at the age verification site. the The next day I go to my bank and they tell me I'm overdrawn because of a hold this company put on my acct. for $35.00 and charge me an overdraft fee due to it. So I file a complaint with the bank (First Convenience Bank), which they did nothing about and told me I would have to get a letter from the company stating the transaction was made in error and asking them to reimburse any charges and fees to my account due to this transaction. So I call safetyget and let them know about it and that the bank said there would be no penalty or charges to the company if they sent in the letter. They tell me they don't do that and won't, so I ask for the address of their legal department. The lady tells me they don't have one. I ask where my attorney should send a letter and she tells me goodbye and hung up on me. So much for customer service.
Now to the Bank issue, when I originally filed the complaint with the bank the branch managers assistant told me if it was never charged to my account they would of course reimburse any fees that resulted from this hold. Four days later and speaking to the branch manager now, I get a completely different story. Now they tell me they won't without the letter mentioned above. I have previously posted a complaint here about this bank and it's practices. Seems that every two or three weeks I'm in this bank arguing with them over some way they've found to charge me a fee on this free checking acct. Well I'm fed up!!
If you've ever had a legitimate billing issue with either of these companies and it hasn't been worked out or you simply gave up due to the excessive hassle. Please contact me at email@example.com with a brief explanation of what happened and your contact information and I will provide it to my lawyer who is currently putting together a class action lawsuit against both Safetyget.com and First Convenience Bank.
A very pissed consumer,
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Age Verification Check
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I got a one vanilla card and paid cash 30$. The store gave me the card and did not see on the receipt that it was declined. I returned to..."
- "I opted to use NetSpend Premier Debit Cards to receive my rax refund through TurboTax. I finally received it on April 19th, 2016. My husband was sent a primary card..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "This place is so unclean. Had dirty marks all over. The door looked like it was just broken into. No chain lock. I tried to give the room..."
- "I contracted with Reliant Energy Inc. to provide residential power at 10 cents per kilowatt hour. They began billing my credit card over 17 cents per hour without my..."
- "Discount Tire located in Harker Heights, TX. I brought 4 new rimes and tires in Oct of 2010. 3 out of 4 tires belts where broken. 1.First, Discount tried..."
- "Good Jerseys,fast delivey and confortable..."
- "I've ordered 3sweaters from us since 11/24/16. I do not receive them. However,we took the money from my account...."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."