Gilford, New Hampshire

Update by user Jan 20, 2016

Now we've had three plumbers look at the work and say that it is done wrong. No permit was pulled either. The tanks are piped incorrectly and we are at risk for an oil spill in our basement due to the improperly piped oil tanks.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2015

We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't working, won't come on. Rhymes comes out again on 7/30/15.

This different Rhymes employee totally disses the work done on the replacement tanks just 20 days before. Claims tanks were on site, not ordered as I was told by management. Piping is done all wrong. Hole in siding is not supposed to be left there. All work badly done by poorly trained former Fred Fuller guys, he claims. He cleans and fixes A/C unit and leaves.

When I call Rhymes to ask about this, they deny ever being at the house on 7/30/15. Bob assures me there is "only one work order for your address" and we were not the ones to work on the AC unit. Fortunately I save invoices, and when I go back to check, I do see an invoice from 7/30 for the work on the air conditioner.

All seems fine until 9/11/15 when the heat and AC units will not turn on once more. Fuses are blown, Rhymes does not respond to call for service. Get a customer service call the next day, where the rep, after learning who I'd spoken to, says, "Oh, oh," and no more.

I'm left with a broken AC/heating unit that Rhymes was the last one to touch, and oil tanks I'm not sure are installed properly. While I would love to fight things out with this company, it seems the smartest thing to do is get an independent eye in there.

Review about: Rymes Propane And Oil Tank Replacement.

I didn't like: Lies from the top, Rhymes employees dissing each others work, No follow up from customer service, Snippy attitude of customer service, Rushing me off the phone with question.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $3500
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Rymes Propane and Oil?

Comments

Oil is such an interesting resource in the world.It is amazing how our technology has made this black sludge so desirable.

Oil makes the world go round, and it helps many cities economies so much. Fracking has been such a game changer because it can really help cut our reliance on other country’s oil.

http://www.commtank.com Although, it is tough to determine the long term effects of this process.So many families have been helped by this high paying industry, but I just wish there was a simpler way to fuel our economy.