Ryan Homes a Name You Cannot trust! For far too long I have waited in the wings while my Significant Other, has posted technical details of our Builder’s defect, a home built by Ryan homes. I have never stepped up to the limelight to expose the emotional devastations of what living through this is like.

I thought it would consume me, but watching Ryan feast on their wealth with no regard for the lives of those that trusted them to build them a safe secure home, this is an insidious injustice that simply mustn't be allowed to continue to families all around the United States.

This is not some hypothetical of what it would be like, this is what really happened in our lives as a direct result of Ryan Homes building me a home with a hidden defect that would eventually develop into 7 different kinds of toxic molds, and usher in illness, financial devastation and losses to this day, we are far from recovery. Some parts our lives now just gone, lost in the aftermath forever.

Those happy with their current Ryan Homes, God Bless you, count your blessings, but don’t even bother to comment to me about complaining. This is not about complaining. This is about culpability and reckless abandonment from a Builder my Father entrusted right before we lost him unexpectedly, to build me my first home, so he would have peace of mind that I would have a home if anything should happen to him.

An Honored American Veteran who served our country in Wars, and worked in Washington in the Intelligence of the Pentagon. He passed away just a few weeks before the construction was completed. I thought this was one grace, this place, this builder, this haven. I had no clue the nightmare Ryan would deliver in it’s wake.

I even called them, sent packages of pictures the defect had resulted in, only to be told that they were so wealthy, with a large team of multi billion dollar Lawyers, that I could just try and see if I could do anything to them. No offers for assistance. Just a corrupt consciousless Home builder, as is in our particular case, and many others who write our website that have had aweful experiences with Ryan Homes looking to use for any help we can offer them. A conglomerate hoarding their riches, their greed for wealth, no conscious reaching for more, turning a deliberate blind eye to the defective homes, and lives left to recover from ruins anyway they could find without their assistance.

My home insurance company at the time, said because of the defect in the construction of the home, they had no obligations to intervene, 3 renovations later with no assistance we sit in the aftermath of once a financially secure, debt free life, still sorting through boxes of stuff from a temporary apt we had to rent being so ill being exposed to toxins the defect introduced. We did all of the renovations by ourselves with masks on, no one helped. Now being back in our home, we are in prayer and starting to analyze how to start over, it’s not like we are in our twenties anymore.

Negligent Home Builders need to be accountable! I am sure there are some authentic and honest earnest Builders out there, but Ryan can't fit those shoes. It’s reprehensible that they get to live lives of wealth and jett setting, and we are left to unscramble the rubix cube our lives have become from buying a Home from them.

Ryan Homes a name you can trust- that’s their slogan- yeah well I did, and my life will never be the same. Our website has details and pics for those interested, just type Ryan Homes into your search engine and you will see our site on our nightmare in recovery.

Comments

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #863596

Ryan homes is corrupt! They build homes completely wrong and commit fraud by concealing problems with double vapor barriers!

That means mold you can't see growing in your walls!

Please do not do business with this builder, you will regret it.

Thank You Barbara, heart felt.
And Dear Anonymous, I so would love to write a page on your little cotton candy advertisement for Ryan (probably paid), but suffice it to say I won't even bother to waste one more moment of my time since you apparently are not even considerate enough to research this consciousless Builder.

It would be a more honorable use of your time to make yourself aware of facts. I will mention once again, as Proof an Allstate investigative team refused to assist us with any restoration that destroyed my own newly built home, due to the hidden defect which Ryan was informed about. Read our site. I too lived in my new home for a few years, until we out of the blue starting being ill on a regular basis, not having any idea that the hidden Ryan Homes/ NVR defect had evolved into mulitple forms of toxic mold.

I am on medications every single day and we both are still trying to recover our once secure lives. So it's really clever to hide behind a hidden name while you boast. Just remember Dear I started out in similar circumstances as yours are now. Instead of gloating, you would be better served having more inspections.

ryanhomesnightmare.com All facts. Documented letters from Doctor's, television stations.. educate yourself, and always remember being a sweet seemingly passive boaster .. well let's just say, is not always prudent.

Since I am a Christian I will wish You never have to experience the travesties we have had to experience. With Ryanhomes/NVR, after being informed and only receiving threats in return. I wouldn't talk too loudly.

Some Fairytales do not always turn out leaving you with in your pretty cotton candy world. :( :cry :x :x
After reading all of this, I must say I did not have any of these negative experiences. I own two Ryan Homes, and both were built well with minimal issues, and the warranty covered the rest.

My sales agent in Waldorf Maryland was great and walked me through every step of the process.

The project manager even visited my home on his days off. Sorry everyone I do NOT agree :sigh

I couldnt agree more.. The only thing that will hurt this awful company is by folks like us banding together and preventing people from making one of the WORST decisions of their lives..

MOVE ON, find a local reputiable builder and visit those houses, as the owners how their experiance is with that builder and if they are truly happy.. I assure you if you go into any Ryan community and ask the owners their oppinion on the builder you will run as fast as you can out of there.. ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING ONE OF THESE HOMES NEES TO GO ASK CURRENT OWNERS THEIR THOUGHTS ON OWNERSHIP, THEY WILL GLADLY WELCOME YOU IN AND TELL YOU TO RUN!!!! In the 60 homes built here in our community all of them have at least 1-2 major issues,from basemant leaks to having the entire front of the house being torn off and redone..

You will have halfa**ed workers in and out of your home for years..You will need countless days off work to have repairs done and can loose every thing you worked for ...

Save your money... Fine another builder...

Please visit our now even more extensive website! We have over 100 current victim letters posted, from those who have experienced their own travesites with Ryan homes (NVR is their parent company).

We have sent the site and all of it's content to their Board of Directors, to which they refuse to respond to this absolutely insane negligence. Now it is full acknowlegement, and with their deliberate turning a blind eye, well what kind of corporation has any worth that does not at least try and do the right thing and restore what their Builder's created.

Hey Documented evidence folks, that speaks more than their denial and refusing to man up and take responsibility for their over sites and audacity. ryanhomesnightmare.com

Ronald Jackson

My husband and I was interested in purchasing a Ryan Home, but after reading the comments, we decided to look further. We also was considering Toll Brothers.

They too, have issues. We will continue to look for an excellent quality home.

God Bless you Carmen and family. God do not like ugly.

My husband and I was interested in purchasing a Ryan Home, bu after reading the comments, we decided to look further. We also was considering Toll Brothers.

They too, have issues.

We will continue to look for an excellent quality home.

God Bless you Carmen and family. God do not like ugly.

kenny d
:( i am in the process of doing a contract with ryan homes ( was ) after reading this i am going to tear up the contract

I am currently working with a nice sales agent named Justin here in South Jersey. Anyone hear of any problems at any of the Jersey building sites? I have not given a deposit yet and am still working on the floor-plan and price.

Yep, just another in a seemingly long line of unhappy Ryan customers. My wife and I were screwed during the contract phase the same way others were -- told one thing, and something else happens.

Note the clause in the contract (can't remember which item number it is) that basically says "nothing verbal can be held as true". For anyone considering Ryan, I have first a word of advice -- get a lawyer to go over the contract so it isn't so heavily weighted toward the builder, and second -- the salesperson is NOT your friend!

They have this retarded sales agent -I think her name is Katrina Owens - don't buy any Ryan homes she sales you

I absolutely HATE Ryan Homes. We purchased our home almost two years ago.

Since the beginning, they have been at our house at least twice a month for the past two years to "fix" a leak from our master shower. Our ceiling is full of mold from the leaks, and they have yet to resolve it. They are coming out again tomorrow to "fix" it... I'm just done at this point.

the house was 428,000, and worth *** at this point. I am so sick of Ryan Homes, as they build these houses too quickly (two months tops), and do not care about quality.

Morden, Manitoba, Canada #32870
I created the gripe site Carmen mentions as she is writing about OUR home. Some years ago a Ryan Homes customer service rep warned me that Ryan Homes/ NVR Inc. could destroy us, if we continued to try and make our issue public, as I was/am doing. This was done by phone, so he can deny this, as I didn’t buy a phone recorder until after that customer service call.

“We are large well organized company. We know how to deal with matters like this.”

The statement was part of what I perceived to be a threat, though selling us a defective home was all they really had to do to bring us to the brink. Still, they might be proud to know that after years of being mired in a chain reaction of losses their builder defects created, we may be “destroyed,” or at least the life we had and wanted has been taken away.

The defective house cost all our saving, retirement fund, credit scores have become trashed, (which further trapped us in the Ryan Homes home) we lost all health insurance, (while the house had made us very ill,) and there’s a list that through years in the making is too long to tell here. We couldn’t live in the home 3 and ½ years out of the first ten years of ownership.

During the other half of the first ten warrantee years the house was making us sick. Severe allergy symptoms, (throat swollen shut required emergency treatment for an allergic reaction to airborne mold), frequent Bronchitis, Hashimotos syndrome (permanent), tumor growth, miscarriage from Carbon Monoxide exposure, and other lasting effects we believe all came from the toxic home environment, which keep adding up. We allege these things are a direct result of builder errors, and a refusal by Ryan Homes to fix the errors and particularly the costly damages they caused.

I don’t think that NVR sets out to destroy people’s lives in actual policy, but they do have a system in place that, should things go really wrong with a badly built home, they can essentially do so with legal impunity.

Even if Ryan Homes/NVR hadn’t done this to me, Carmen, and her Mom who was here early on, but I knew for certain they had done this to any other customer, and turned their back on them, there’s no way I’d do business with them. No recommendation would make it okay. I guess some people think; as long as it doesn’t happen to me, it doesn’t much matter.

Sure they build some okay homes. Why does that make what happened to us and others okay? Granted no builder has 100% happy customers. Destroying a customer is not the same as a dissatisfied customer. Builders who act in bad faith do destroy people more than is really ever known or told.
Morden, Manitoba, Canada #32833
I created the gripe site Carmen mentions as she is talking about OUR home. Some years ago a Ryan Homes customer service rep warned me that Ryan Homes/ NVR Inc. could destroy us, if we tried to take our issue public, as I was/am doing. It was on the phone so they can deny this, as I didn’t by a phone recorder until after that customer service call.

During the other half of the first ten warranted years the house was making us sick. Severe allergy symptoms, (throat swollen shut required emergency treatment an allergic reaction to airborne mold), frequent Bronchitis, Hashimotos syndrome (permanent), tumor growth, miscarriage from Carmen Monoxide exposure, and other lasting effects we believe all came from the toxic home environment, which keep adding up. We allege these things are a direct result of builder errors, and a refusal by Ryan Homes to fix the errors and particularly the costly damages they caused.

Even if Ryan Homes/NVR hadn’t done this to me, Carmen, and her Mom early on, but I only knew for certain they had done this to any other customer, and turned their back on them, there’s no way I’d do business with them. No recommendation would make it okay. I guess some people think; as long as it doesn’t happen to me, it doesn’t much matter.

Sure they build some okay homes. Why does that make what happened to us and others okay? Granted no builder has 100% happy customers, destroying a customer is not the same as a dissatisfied customer. Builder who act in bad faith do destroy people more than is really ever told.