Lake Ridge, Virginia

Recently, my wife and I went into a subdivision in the D.C. metro area looking to buy into new home construction.

We came across two in NOVA that at first appeared appealing, ultimately deciding on one. However, it went downhill from there. The sales staff used most every "used car sales" trick to maximize their profit margin. When we finally settled on a price, we signed a contract with the company.

The following week (late week) we went to meet with their NVR mortgage broker, only to be told AT THE MEETING (vice notifying us three days earlier) that they needed to up their negotiated price by $15,000!

And they were unwilling to budge/negotiate, only offering an insincere and unapologetic "I'm sorry". I would caution buyers to be wary of their negotiations with the new homes sale representatives and ALWAYS have a realtor present.

Reason of review: Not honoring contract price offered!.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Ryan Homes Cons: Willingness to accept responsibility for actions, Rush job that was done, Sales experience.

Comments

Please contact Ryan Homes Customer Care 877-550-7926 to discuss your concerns. We are unable to identify you within this posting. Customer Care is open Monday - Friday 7:00am to 7:00pm EST.