I recently cancelled my contract due to financing I was quoted different prices and I explained to the agent and the loan office of NVR that I need my monthly mortgage to not be 1900 I sent emails that the mortgage was to high Which the agent and loan officer assured me the mortgage would be around 1600 I am a single mother due to the death of my husband However the agent explained that my earnest money deposit will be kept it’s the monthly payment that I AM comfortable with which I explained countless times through email and verbally I am highly disappointed and I will inform people the way Ryan Homes addressed my needs I can see at least giving half of my earnest money back The guy advised they were keeping the entire 2500 which I worked hard for and saved The agent advised me they are putting it back on the market and selling it 20000 more I will not being doing any business with Ryan in the future and will advised others Deeply disappointed customer

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

• Avoid Locust Grove

Comments

Even though it's unfortunate that you lost $2400.00 due to misrepresentation on the part of Ryan. You were fortunately spared years of out of pocket expenses on what would end up being poorly built house.

I bought a brand new Ryan home and had nothing but problems in the 4 years that I owned it. The first year under the warranty Ryan was great at returning to fix loose siding, shingles flying off the roof, leaks in the basement and HVAC problems. After that year under the warranty however those same problems including additional ones kept occurring. I had to replace 2 supposedly brand new GE kitchen appliances that were cheaper to replace than fix.

My garage door keypad and front doorbell failed. My biggest headache were roof shingles which blew off the roof on every windy day from day one.

Between repairs on that roof and my HVAC system constantly breaking down and leaks in my basement. It was time to get away from that brand new handyman special.

@Anonymous

Thanks for responding. My God this is terrible!!!

I should have done my research the more I am complaining it's more stories about Ryan homes on various websites in my area . I am sorry that this happened to you.