Dayton, Ohio

We built in 2006 and this is what our contractor found when he was replacing our sunken in steps and porch because they built it wrong. Most of my neighborhood is having issues with theirs.

They didn’t put any moisture barrier between the siding and the wall board! Of course it took years before it started showing major issues.

They know by the point you find it the warranty will be past. The repairs are in the thousands of dollars!

Comments

I bought a brand new Ryan home and had nothing but problems in the four years that I had owned the home. These needed repairs were costing me out of pocket expenses which shouldn't be the case on a brand new home.

Overlooking the sloopy workmanship. I will only list the items that needed immediate attention. The GE refrigerator and dishwasher, supposedly brand new needed to be replaced. The HVAC system broke down 7 times during those 4 years.

The roof shingles blew off the roof on windy days. That occurred from day one under the one year warranty. After that one year I was forced to call roofers several times. Siding came off of the house.

The front door bell shorted out. The garage door keypad failed. The basement had four leaks from cracks that developed in the cement wall. The garage also had a leak as that short cement wall cracked.

The irrigation system had 6 heads fail during those 4 years.

When the HVAC system was working it was never adequate enough regarding heating the home. The AC was OK although undersized for that size home.

@Anonymous

i'm having same issues with the roof. Had a water leak first couple month Now i have a big crack in the deck they built and they are claiming its not structural so they dont fix after 1 year of warranty i bought this home 2.5 years ago!!!!!!