New York, New York

So, we are sitting in a hotel and Ryan Homes was VERY confident with the 90 day build time, in fact so much so that they thought it would be a week early. Well, we have now extended our hotel stay twice, adding 3 weeks on to our bills and storage costs, and we still cannot lock a rate unless we want to pay points since Ryan still have no solid date as to when we move in - and that might still not be long enough and then I have to keep paying to extend it.

I now hear its common for Ryan to do this, my wife has a friend that is now delayed a month as well - so that's two local people.

In the last month my new home has had shingles added, that's it .... When I ask what's happening its such and such is delayed, etc ... and no reason why a team was delayed. Worse yet - The team delayed is inside work, the outside has nothing done either - no siding / etc ...

Weather? Nope, we have had little rain, been beautiful weather all summer fall with rain a few weekends.

Just be careful to budget and plan for delays - I know, the contracts say they have 2 years to build the house - Starting to wonder if they plan to use that time :( Each delay costs us more money in hotel bills and storage space. Its part of building, I know - but they should never say 90 days, and then top it off with "90 days is the worst case".

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Comments