1061 Beechfern Cir, Elgin, SC 29045

We built what we thought was going to be our dream house by Ryan Homes in Columbia, SC. We are sick to the point of misery due to the poor workmanship, cheap materials, etc.

We cannot enjoy our new home and really have lost interest in trying to make the yard look nice or even hang curtains. I cannot express our disappointment in this house. Walk across the floor in the master bedroom and our highboy almost falls over due to the bounce in the floor! But we're told it's built to "code".

You understand that "code" is the absolute very minimum acceptable by law, right? So I know now that Ryan Homes builds to code and has no interest in "raising the bar" as they say in their commercials.

And another thing is, with Ryan Homes, you pick a plan and lot, make a huge down payment that you forfeit if you don't close, and then when they present the finished product (which is nothing like the model home that your were expecting), you have no recourse but to buy it or lose your money!

The laws should be changed to protect the purchaser, not the builder!

I would enter into a lawsuit in a minute if one was started. I would have them either fix all of the quality issues or buy this "mobile home" back (that's what it reminds me of)!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments