I recently purchase a Ryan Home in the River Edge Development in Delanco NJ. My address is 9 Shad Court, Delanco.

The unit is 11 or so years old and the heating system was determined to be designed incorrectly. The duct work was not property run to allow even heat between the floors. The upper heats up but the middle floor is 10 degrees different with the lower vents totally open. My heating guy indicates that a damper system and new thermostat needs to be installed.

The cost from the Heater guy is $1,800 to replace. $150 was already charged for his initial visit. So Ok, I think I can call Ryan Homes and at a minimum they would send someone to confirm if a design defect....No way, they wouldn't give me the time of day. I'm a Realtor in NJ and have sold many Ryan homes....So you would think they would care about their reputation....nope.....they don't care......Now understand...they are responsible for design defects.....I can file suit against them and I have a reasonable chance to recover....but they still hold their ground.

Why I wonder. There are at least 50 other units in my development that have the same design....Do you think they want a class action suit. Oh, BTW, the association already has a class action suit going against Ryan Homes....but that is for other defects.

Ya, think Ryan would like it if I get the homeowners together and piggyback with the lawyer representing the association and add the homeowners interest too? Good Luck Ryan Homes.....Couldn't even give me the time of day to at least send someone to view what I am claiming.....How do you think that will go over when the word is out that Ryan Homes will not step up to the plate to assist Ryan Home owners?

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ryan Homes Cons: Efforts taken to fix a defect.

• Poor Heating Design

Comments

Brian Matthew Lentz

Re: Ryan homes at River’s Edge- Delanco NJ. Does anyone know what the class action suit against Ryan homes is regarding?

Basically from what I understand regarding your homes forced air system. The HVAC guy is going to make that second floor a separate zone independent from the first and third floor.

If this is the case then I would add another one and zone each floor via its own thermostat and dampers. The reason being is that I would not want floors 1 and 3 controlled by the same thermostat. While zoning a forced air system gives greater comfort through controlling temp in different areas of the home.

Keep in mind that the system will run constantly. Perhaps the HVAC tech can put a fixed damper which can be manually adjusted to reduce the vent section that goes to the top floor thus pushing more air to the second floor.