Rochester, New York
1.1K views
Turnaround Time

I bought Ryan home. what a big mistake.

they hide how to contact corporate office. today 9/12/2014 .I have replaced a window costing @237.00.

the window cracked as it was std glass sachet in an under size frame. the compression caused the crack.

2nd window frame has frame cracked all 4 corners. A 3rd half crescent glass has white paint splash all over in the inside of double pane Genesee glass. Ryan contractor told me that there is nothing he can do. as they got sealed framed window from factory.

and it is over one year old.

COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME. No call from Ryan home district mgr yet????.May God help us.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

• home sale companies

Comments

Middletown, Delaware, United States #874400

my morning room window shattered today from the inside out . Nothing hit it , simply cracked and spidered out of no where .

I know far too well how hard it is to deal with them . Arent windows covered under their own warranty?

Naperville, Illinois, United States #872420

sorry, but you should have purchased quality windows. I am not saying the most expensive windows

or that they should have all have been custom, but windows is not where you should try to save money.

you should have purchased windows with a guarantee.

Windows is not where you should try to save.

I am guessing you were on a budget when you built. Homes always cost more than you are told they will

or you calculate they will. No, I am not a builder. I am just a woman who built a home in 1983 and will

probably start another one next spring.

(we have had 3 in between). Love the experience. I suggest you try to contact the maker of the windows. If they will not do anything, save enough money to replace the bad windows and count your blessings.

Meanwhile enjoy your home, forget the negative. .

to LOVESCATSWOMAN #873494

I'm not the original poster, but I wanted to respond to your comment. Building a house in 1983 is not like building a house in the 2000s.

Ryan Homes is not a custom builder, but a builder that offers customized choices, and the TYPE of windows that you get in your home is not one of those choices. Those are standard features which the builder installs on all of their homes.