Verified Reviewer

My front rear went out in Lake City on Wednesday 04/19/23 and I brought my truck to Rush Peterbilt on 04/20 and arrived before they opened at 630am, they open at 7. I advised them that my front rear was making clunking a noise.

I further advised them that the front drive shaft was turning but not the rear, and I was able to move the truck by flipping the power divider. I told them to order a new rear because I wanted to limit my down time. Took them until late Friday before they even took the broken rear out and waited too long to order the rear and now they couldn't get it until Monday the 24th.

On Monday the 24th, the rear did not get to the shop until after 3pm. On Tuesday the 25th, they realized that they ordered the wrong one, and of course the correct rear doesn't arrive until after mid-afternoon.

I was assured that my truck would be finished on Wednesday the 26th so I checked out of the hotel, and a 6pm when they were closing they informed me that now my truck won't be done until Thursday the 27th. So now it is one full week to put in a front rear... and to top it off it took 2 hours to write up my bill, and now its after 12pm.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BRING YOUR TRUCK TO RUSH PETERBILT IN LAKE CITY, FLORIDA!!! UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT TO BE SCREWED OVER!

IF MY TRUCK BROKEDOWN IN FRONT OF THIS PLACE I WOULD HAVE IT TOWED SOMEWHERE ELSE!

UPDATE: 05/03/23

After driving approximately 2600 miles, a wheel seal on the same axle that was replaced started leaking.

When the rear was replaced I opted to have new bearing kits installed on the rear instead of just cleaning them. Unfortunately to get the repair covered under warranty I had to return here.

It turns out that the safety ring that holds on the hub nut came off because it was installed incorrectly. This caused the hub nut to back off and the wheel to become loose and the wheel seal to fail. Thankfully the wheel didn't come off and hurt someone.

I also contacted the general manager, as he replied to my negative review and stated they wanted to make things right.

All I got was excuses and an apology...

I believe that their response was an attempt to publicly save face, but nothing more. Because nothing was done to make things right

User's recommendation: I would not recommend their service department.

Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Rush Truck Centers Reviews