give me a BREAK ! Steve Zarelli has been promoted by the gang at RR Auctions as the greatest Space Authenticator ever and yet he can't always get it right !

Shawn Jackson, defendant in "Operation Bullpen" has resurfaced again. Not sure if someone is trying to get their money back and sell their items realized they were forgeries while trying to sell them on Ebay. Not sure if these are still being sold, but please be on the lookout. Anything associated with the name Shawn Jackson should be ignored... DO NOT BUY! It goes to show you that forged autographs can be bought and sold many years later!

Shawn Jackson sold hundreds of Neil Armstrong signatures. Jackson sold these in heavy numbers back about 20 years ago or more. The Jackson forged examples are obvious because he stopped at the end of each stroke and hesitated before lifting his pen and this clearly accounts for all the "DOTS" at the conclusion of each stroke.

Here you will find an example of a Shawn Jackson forgery that has been gleefully authenticated by Steve Zarelli, the lead authenticator for RR Autograph Auctions. This particular example is for sale on eBay.

Review about: Rr Autographs.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1750
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rr Auction?

Comments

steve zarelli is the worst thing to ever have happened to the autograph industry. he knows nothing about them but lets on he is a professional....professional liar and village ***.....

Hit The Road Jack

Between April 2011 and July of 2011, Plaintiff Michael Johnson personally delivered more than 20 autographed music items he had previously purchased from RR Auctions to PSA/DNA Authentication Services located in Santa Ana, California. The autographed items Plaintiff Michael Johnson purchased from Defendants RR Auction came with Certificates Of Authenticity issued from RR Auctions and/or RR Auctions music autograph authenticator, Roger Epperson.

All items submitted by Plaintiff Michael Johnson to PSA/DNA Authentication Services which Plaintiff Michael Johnson had previously purchased from RR Auctions we’re rejected by PSA/DNA Authentication Services as not authentic. http://www.rrauctionlawsuit.com

RS
Orlando, Florida, United States #867210

WHILE THIS FORGERY DOES MATCH CERTAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF AN AUTHENTIC NEIL ARMSTRONG SIGNATURE, IT FALLS SHORT IN OTHER AREAS.THIS IS A VERY GOOD FORGERY AND I CAN SEE HOW STEVE OR ANY OTHER COLLECTOR MIGHT BE FOOLED.

THE BIGGEST GIVE AWAY IS THE UNNATURAL FLOW WHICH LEFT INK TO SOAK IN AT THE BEGINNING AND ENDING OF EACH STROKE.

SOME MORE SUBTLE FLAWS THAT ONLY A SEASONED COLLECTOR WOULD NOTICE ARE ALSO RED FLAGS AS TO THE AUTHENTICITY.AS I SAID THIS IS A VERY GOOD FORGERY BUT THE OP IS CORRECT THIS IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC EXAMPLE.

PKM
Amarillo, Texas, United States #866832

Zarelli might pretend to be more knowledgeable than he really is.He might make frequent mistakes when reviewing autographs.

The HATEFUL messages on his sites distress me the most, like the one about charity auctions and how no one should support them. Has Zarelli ever had a child with cancer ?

has Zarelli ever served his country in the military ?or does he still live with mommy and daddy and read comic books ?

Eric Red

I looked over his web page read some of his articles and I think back to a Wendy's Commercial "Wheres's The Beef" .The articles are very simple with no substance and his opinions are not well supported.

His web sight basically says that he discovered that he knew how to authenticate.

There are some names attached to some praises, but the names are obscure.In My humble Opinion, his web page is lame .

Alpha

I am NOT a Steve Zarelli fan.He is a nice guy on the phone but I personally see no logic to his methods of authentication at all.

People who get their books signed in person complain that he won't authenticate them. People on eBay selling what I personally think are questionable at best seem to have Zarelli COAs. I have only been collecting autographs my entire life so maybe my opinion is not as good as a beginning collector.

Who knows.I question the motives of people who sell autographs that like to promote this guy

Space Ace

Looks like the forger stopped awkwardly leaving ink to soak into the paper at each pause . Dawk!

Al

I wish people without credibility would stop giving out opinions and COAs that mislead people.

MD

I am a thirty-seven year collector and my opinion on the Armstrong signature is that it is highly irregular and does not compare well with known exemplars

Mark Caldwell

For the record, as the owner of some of the rarest space memorabilia (including one of very few items signed by all 12 moonwalkers) I can attest that Steve Zarelli is among the best forensic autograph reviewers in the world, and is widely respected by reputable auction houses and dealers around the world.I started using Zarelli for authentication several years ago at the recommendation of several of the best known space collectors and dealers in the U.S.

and Europe. Steve will not attach his authentication to a signature unless it passes a very rigid authentication process. He rarely renders an opinion that a signature is a forgery, unless it is a precise match with known forgers.

It is a bitter pill when you have purchased a signed photograph or text with no verifiable provenance, and finding that the best authenticators won't sign off on it.And that is the basis for the handful of rants against Zarelli on this site, which I consider nothing less than unfounded slander -- which is why they are all "anonymous."