I spent about $56 on the RoseGal website early in 2015. I bought a dress, four shirts, and a necklace.
It took about two months for me to get my items. When I opened the bags, every single item was either significantly smaller than advertised (and I ALWAYS make sure to use the size chart because I'm very busty), extremely ripped, or both. The only intact piece of clothing was the necklace.
I took pictures of the damage with my Nikon and started e-mailing the RoseGal website. They first offered me a $5 refund (on a $56 order? Are you kidding me?), which I obviously refused. They then offered me $15, but only if I re-purchased everything from the store (an obvious attempt at a rip-off), which I also refused. They then, unbelievably, advised me to simply give the clothing to my friends and forget about the whole thing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I demanded that they refund me 75% of my money, or else I'd dispute it on PayPal and get 100% of it back. They then told me that they would only give me a refund if I sent the clothing back to them - the shipping and handling would have cost me over $80. They were asking me to pay $80 shipping and handling to get back my $56 refund (which they likely would not have done anyway). This was obviously their way of trying to scare people into not demanding refunds.
So, I opened a dispute on PayPal. I posted the pictures and PayPal refunded me the $56 right away.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Sizing problems
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality, poor customer service, damaged product, trying to rip of mee.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have bought 11 items and for now I only received 8 of them. Between these 8 items only 3 of them look a bit closer to the photo on..."
- "...I want my money back all 97 dollars before u ship me that fraud products u advertise..."
- "I bought a girls hoodie online 3 months ago. Thinking by now I would never receive anything, that i did receive in the mail looks like NOTHING of what I..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Roof is rusting after one year in Southern California with no rain or snow!!!! It is bad in spots with no defects or scratches that would allow rust to form...."
- "Roof separating at back wall premier I saw another one on this forum exact issue I have contacted keystone requesting assistance I hope they will come through I have had..."
- "We hired Shaun to do 3 murals in our home and I have referred him to friends who used Shaun as well. Everyone and I mean everyone who see's..."