3.0

I was looking for reasonably priced equipment for a large climbing/rappelling kit and found ropesgear.com. The prices were good, and they had what I needed so I placed a fairly large order.

After a few days of not hearing anything about the order I wanted to reach out, and got a little nervous when I realized there was no good contact info on the website. Wondering if I just got scammed, I took a look at sites like this one for confirmation, so I could either find a way to contact the company or work to get my money refunded.

On looking at reviews, I hoped that it was not a scam, and simply a company with very poor communication. THIS turned out to be the case. It took a lot of back and forth emails with the company (contact@***.com) but once I got a response, they were fairly responsive and actually pretty helpful in troubleshooting a mistake I had made with my original order (needed to swap out one one type of rope for another).

I still had a massive delay on receiving my entire order, but now, months later, it is all in hand.

I happened to have the time, since I ordered in the late fall/early winter, and didn't need the gear until this spring, but my overall experience with the company was generally unprofessional and not what I expect from a typical business.

Bottom line. Good prices, but extremely poor communication and slow shipping times.

User's recommendation: Not a scam company, but extremely slow to communicate. Seems like it is someone running the company on the side, and not giving it their full attention. If the prices are the best you can find, and you're patient with communicating and waiting for your order to ship, then go for it.

Location: Pasco, Washington

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

RopesGear Reviews