Rooto - Faulty Packaging Causes Severe Burns
Product: 64oz bottle of Rooto professional drain cleaner, sulfuric acid-based
Location: Shop-n-Save in Benzonia Michigan, parking lot
Date: June 30th, roughly 2:30pm
Narrative of Events:
A bottle of drain cleaner was placed on the bottom shelf of a shopping cart, roughly 6 inches above the ground. After leaving the store, directly outside the door leading to the parking lot, the bottle of drain cleaner fell roughly 6 inches off the bottom shelf of the shopping cart. This minor fall compromised the integrity of the seal, the cap, and the plastic bag in which the bottle was contained, causing the acid to pour out of the bottle and all over the right foot of 5 year old Katherine. I raced her back into the store to use the sink found at the bottle return and rinsed her foot immediately, and then with the help of store management I packed her foot in baking soda.
While carrying her, the liquid dripped over my right leg. Both Katherine and I suffered chemical burns, both of Katherine’s shoes had melted, and a pair of my pants had melted.
The events of this narrative can be confirmed by store management, store security cameras, witnesses to the events, as well as the included pictures of the injuries.
Please let me first say that I am fully aware this product is hazardous and that special precautions must be taken in order to properly handle or use it. I’ve been using drain cleaners for years, and am entirely aware of the caustic nature of concentrated acids. It is not the product, itself, with which I am concerned, but rather than packaging in which it is sold.
Despite the perception of secure packaging, it only took a small bump to open not just the seal, but also the cap and even the bag in which the bottle was secured. That a 6 inch fall should result in total failure in the packaging of such a hazardous product is completely unacceptable.
That there has been an apparent lack of quality testing in this packaging is not only dangerous to consumers, but also to employees of retail outlets and manufacturing facilities, making this an entirely reckless failure in consumer and workplace safety.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "I ordered a 34" edc low profile belt from original soe gear that on their web site states; "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller..."
- "Someone knock in my door and said they are giving away free salad.. It looks strange but the couple of lady looks very nice, and i said why not.. they..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."