5.1K views 77 comments
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

I used lashboost for a total of 4 weeks.After about 1 1/2 weeks, I woke up to a stye on my eyelid.

I stopped using it until the stye went away (about 3 or 4 days) then I resumed use for the remaining 3 weeks until I got another stye, and then another, and then another. I stopped use after the first one appeared, and have been off of it for over 2 weeks, and I'm still getting breakouts on and around my eyelids. About three days ago, I had a stye develop on my right upper eye lid. It has since grown and taken over my entire eyelid, swelling to at least two times it's normal size.

I even went to the doctor today to get it checked out because it was so painful, red, and inflamed.

The doctor told me to never use it again, not that I would!I'll never purchase another Rodan and Fields product again, and will encourage others to follow suit.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rodan and Fields?

Submit review

Comments

Columbus, Ohio, United States #1322317

I have used lash boost a total of four times and also have developed a gigantic and horribly painful sty on ONE eye only which has now turned into cellulitis of the eye...I went to an eye doctor and now on antibiotics but it has taken over the entire eye lid where you brush the LB ...

wondering if this is a cause from it ? It didn't happen to the other eye .

Scary ...and painful.

Looks like someone forgot to do their homework on lash serum side effects before using the .Bacterial infection,clogged gland, whatever.

Statistically there is always a percentage of people who have side effects to Everything, skincare, food, cleaning products. You were one of the unlucky ones that wasn't smart enough to stop using it when the reaction occurred. Grow the f up and move on. Best of luck going after a billion dollar company when you don't even have a case.

I read all of your posts and researched the company in question.You got nuthin.

to Anonymous #1315805

Yeah I heard the same thing about Amway, Nuskin, Vemma and Herbalife.Both way bigger and certainly less influence today due to the little people.

Information is power. Educate the masses and let them make informed decisions.

Silencing exposure only lasts for so long.Try again.

to Anonymous #1315817

You are right!There are side effects to almost everything, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't share their stories and people selling it should certainly not take it personal and attack their character (as we have seen many times in this site).

Who is planning to "go after a billion dollar industry"? Maybe you take it that way, but I see people telling others about their stories. To be fair, there have been commenters that appear angrier than others, but you don't know their situation so it wouldn't be fair to pass judgement.

Maybe you should do your own research.

People have stepped up pressure on Rodan and Fields and they were silenced. Not because they were wrong but because the legal ramifications were something that an average person couldn't fight. Lookup Lazyman and Rodan and Fields, Reddit and Rodan and Fields. Those pages mysteriously were taken down with legal disclaimers.

Please don't mistake the lack of information as a very satisfied crowd. If you're interested in doing your own research, simply look up the nature of MLM businesses. I've seen users in this site provide. Whether it's John Oliver's MLM segment, or any of the other resources people have cited, it might be worth checking out.

Especially for a person that dismisses others for being dismissive.

While they're not specific to this company, thus company does fall under the umbrella of MLM which share many of the same practices.

Good luck!

to Anonymous #1315840

Another anonymous punk trying to talk like they have street cred. You people are AMAZINGLY DUMB

to Anonymous #1316008

The only AMAZINGLY DUMB person is you.

A person complaining about anonymity while posting as anonymous. LOL can't make this stuff up.

Dr.Kyle,

I question your medical degree if you dispute what was said earlier about bacteria and staph causing styes, advise to throw out contaminated products, etc.

A stye (medical term: hordeolum) develops when an oil gland at the edge of an eyelid becomes infected. Resembling a pimple on the eyelid, a stye can grow on the inside or outside of the lid.

The first signs are pain, redness, swelling and tenderness.

Styes typically don't cause vision problems.

Styes are caused by staphylococcal bacteria. Styes are contagious. Most styes heal on their own.

Never "pop" a stye. Other eye problems can accompany styes. If the product caused a stye, it's because it was contaminated by staph somehow.

Something as simple as wiping your nose then your eye can transfer the bacteria.They are correct in their advice to discard any contaminated products.

Nicole
Amarillo, Texas, United States #1314719

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.I have been using lash boost for a couple of weeks.

Today I woke up and my pupils are tiny!! I went to work and I'm having problems seeing my screen. I don't have eye problems great vision. The only thing I have done different is use lash boost?

Has this happen to anyone else? Will my eyes go back to normal?

I don't know if its because I might have rubbed my eyes after it dried.I don't know but kind of scared.

TIA

to Nicole Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #1315263

I am having problems putting my contacts on for long periods. My vision get VERY BLURRY as well. All started with a sty too!

Zeva
to Nicole Albany, Oregon, United States #1317065

Having the same blurry vision after use.Dark spots at edge of eye.

stopped using because of blurry vision and eye lashes fell out.

wont be using anymore.Going back to grand lash condtioner and mascara.