SCAM MOVING COMPANY - ROCKVILLE ECONO VAN LINES, LLC
DO NOT USE ROCKVILLE ECONO VAN LINES. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. We worked with Alex, our sales rep and everything seemed like it was going to be a smooth move. The moving crew arrived with three men. They packed up our belongings in three hours, but forgot various items, didn’t do a thorough check of the kitchen, and many items were left over. Alex said it would take a minimum of 7 days to arrive. We set a delivery date for 8 days later and were told we would receive a call the day before to confirm arrival. I called two days prior and spoke with Zack (the manager) and he said they would call us the day before they arrived. No mention of any setbacks. On the day prior to delivery we called and were told that they weren’t coming for another week. All of our belongings were in their truck, no bed, clothes, pots, pans. I told Zack we had spoken of a set delivery date and he went on to say that THEY DO NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY. He said they have up to 21 days to deliver after the first confirmed date of the customer’s availability. According to their distance chart, we should have received our goods 7-14 days after the first confirmed date of availability. They never, NOT ONCE, contacted us to confirm or let us know of the status of our goods for agreed upon delivery dates and times.
On the date of arrival they were late (arrived at 6:30 PM) forcing us to reschedule for the following day. I had let them know various times that our building could not accept deliveries past 5pm. They complained that they had another job to get to and needed to start early the next day. Alex, Zack, John or whomever I spoke to (they don’t give last names or make up names) was annoyed with us. On top of that they apparently had two flat tires the day before and did not alert us of this issue. We were sincerely worried that our goods would never arrive. They day they showed up they tried to charge us an additional $200 without providing us any type explanation for the new costs. Their truck was an UNMARKED vehicle that had been stripped of the original logo of American Signature Furniture. After doing further research on Rockville Econo Van Lines we learned that they have had 21 complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the stories we read are truly horrifying.
This company does not respect the customer. They do not care to communicate to the customer. They hold your furniture hostage until they decide they want to deliver. They will bundle deliveries with others until a truck is full to reduce their costs at the customer’s hardship. DO NOT TRUST ALEX OR ZACH – THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE AT THE 240-441-0990. YOUR FURNITURE, PEACE OF MIND, AND MONEY ARE WORTH GOING TO ANOTHER MOVING COMPANY. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR WITH ROCKVILLE ECONO VAN LINES – HORRIFIC SERVICE.
Know who you are dealing with: THEY HAVE A D- RATING FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Company
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "My father orders inventory from a company located in California. I only heard about this incident in great detail today when Southeastern Freight Lines arrived to deliver our restaurant inventory...."
- "I purchased a ebike from X-Treme and have had nothing but trouble, and I have contacted the company without any response 1.rear wheel spokes assemble out of sequence that..."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "It's better to spend more at El Dorado furniture or Ashley do not go to rooms to go. If you ask for leather they'll give you this. Definitely this is..."
- "Around a month ago I was overcharged for an item at publix. As this happened to me countless times, as my routine I returned the item, got my full refund..."
- "Freddy was exactly one year old when i took him into Banfield in Midtown, Miami to get neutered. I picked him up after his surgery, and the doctor told me..."