Toms River, New Jersey

My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. I treated them royally and they never saw a pavement! A little more than a year later, I noticed deterioration of the lining at the inside top of the heel. It wasn't long afterward that gray sponge was exposed. We called Rockport, spoke to a gentleman who referred us to an 800 number. The recording instructed us to return the shoe to the retail store where it was purchased since Rockport had made arrangements with the retailer to adjust returns.

The retailer told us my shoes couldn't be repaired and the only thing we were entitled to was a $20 store credit towards another pair of shoes. Shoes that were worn strictly indoors and for a short period of time each day; that cost $100; had inferior or defective linings that didn't hold up.

I would also like to add that these shoes were made in China not the U.S.

Rockport's resolution process is also inferior or defective as I have learned not only by all the complaints but also first hand. I won't purchase another Rockport product nor would I ever recommend their products to anyone.

I've enclosed pictures showing the great condition of the shoes and the failed lining inside the shoes.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Rockport Slip On Shoes
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rockport?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.