Rocket MakeUp - Fraud, Rip-Off, False Advertising
Christy McCann (a.k.a. Christy-Rocket McCann) was found guilty in a Concord (Country Costa County) court of law of fraudulently selling a 21.5 inch computer monitor, which was advertised by her as being a 27 inch computer monotor.
McCann advertised this on both Craigslist and Facebook, and testified that she owned the monitor for at least 3 months. In her usual "nothing is my fault" attitude, she blamed the inaccuracy on her ex boyfriend, claming she never measured it before advertising it and her ex said it was 27 inches.
She dropped the monitor off at the buyer's home, took her money and left within minutes. When the buyer measured the monitor the next day and complained, and asked for his money back, she REFUSED, saying it was not her problem now.
Of course, this went to court. Concord (Contra Costa County, Case # CSC12-0393) Typically, a judge will not announce the results in court in order to spare the loser embarrassment & humiliation. However, in this case Christy McCann was so unreasonable that the judge proceeded to scold her and announce the result immediately. Guilty, ordered to refund the money, pay processing fee, and pay service fee. This was August 23, 2012. As of today (Feb. 22, 2013) McCann has not paid her court ordered debt.
The message here: If you are considering doing business with Christy McCann on any level, think twice! This woman is dishonest in more than one person's opinion.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "I purchased the Garnier "Blow Dry Perfector" kit that claims to keep your hair sleek and easier to blow-dry for up to 7 washes. Here's just the tip of..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."