Rockauto - Rock Auto sold me an A/C Compressor with Missing Parts

172 of 185 Rockauto reviews

I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch and pressure valve. Rock Auto kept ignoring my emails and a PayPal dispute I made claim of. I called Rock Auto up and explained the problem and they said the company they go through that is named GPD doesn't supply those parts with the compressor. They said I had to go buy them. I just paid $189.79 not including shipping for it and close to $20.00 shipping.

Those parts should of been installed in the a/c compressor during the rebuilding process. Rock Auto should have stated on their website those parts are not included with the compressor; but they did not. I would not have bought it knowing two parts were missing that are very important parts that must be in that a/c compressor. I wasn't aware of the problem until it got shipped to me. That is not a complete rebuild at all to leave out two very important parts.

I asked them more than once for a prepaid RMA to ship it back; but they decided to make me pay to ship it back. That is totally wrong. I spoke to customer service at PayPal and the representative agreed what Rock Auto is doing to me is wrong. This is just plain out bad business practices and I will never buy parts from them ever again. They lost a good customer that bought 100's and 100's of dollars in automotive parts from them; but never again will I buy anything they sell.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 9 No 9
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
172 of 185 Rockauto reviews

Jul 29, 2016 #1191817 Chicago, Illinois, United States

I try not to buy parts from this kinda of company reputation....SCAMMERS....rather buy direct from store period.

0 2 Reply

Aug 31, 2015 #1027831

The switch does not come with the compressor, most all of the time. Some applications do not use a high side switch. Installer swaps old one or replaces with new.
The relief valve is in the compressor, that is what your arrow points to, also called a popoff or blowoff valve.
Do your research before you badmouth a company. Makes them look bad in unlearned minds like yours and makes you look bad in learned minds like mine.

7 0 Reply
Me2

Jun 02, 2014 #822921

Same experience here -- compressors typically don't come with a pressure switch installed.

4 0 Reply
Me

Mar 19, 2014 #796616

I've never heard of a compressor comming with the pressure switch. That's not rock auto's fault. I'm not sure about the relief valve.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rockauto.
Filing a new complaint about
×