Rockauto - Faulty Catalog Listing

76 of 185 Rockauto reviews

Beware of Rock Auto!

I ordered a fan motor for passenger side of Accord LX and was sent the driver side motor. I was told to send it back and the correct one would be sent. When the replacement part came it was the same wrong part. I am then harrassed by rep that I had ordered incorrect. I end up having to send in pictures of my part and their wrong part so that they can update their calalog. They send me a return label, but tell me that they will not send the correct part unless I pay again and that the credit for the original will not be applied until 3 days or more after the package arrived to them. I spoke to her supervisor and got the same response. After calling back to get a higher official with the company, I was told the same thing.

It shows that they are not considerate of your time, even when they are completely at fault, not to mention I helped straighten out their catalog.

I will never use them again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Prices
  • What I disliked
    • Catalog not correct cust service did not care

Reason of review:
Item cataloged wrong and very poor Customer Service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Fan Motor
Review category
Equipment
review #802304

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rockauto? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
76 of 185 Rockauto reviews
BLUETHUNDER

Jan 24 #1275905 San Antonio, Texas, United States

I have been on both sides with these guys where they ran out of what I ordered but called to see if it was ok to ship the higher priced parts at no extra charge. Conversely down the road however, I got into with them over a part that didn't fit because they said I ordered wrong year model and had to pay return shipping. The trick with these guys if something goes wrong is to always say part is defective : no matter what. Get your refund and move on down the road.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rockauto.
Filing a new complaint about
×