Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery made my skin sag!

121 of 136 Roca Labs reviews

I purchased the Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery procedure over 4.5 months ago.Since I began on my weight loss journey I lost a total of 87lbs.

I am happy for the weight loss but very disappointed in the loose skin! They need to warn people that sagging skin is a side effect of their product. The doctor explained that since I lost the weight so fast it caused my skin to become loose.

Well I bought Roca Labs to avoid surgery and now the doctor is telling me I may need surgery to remove the loose UGLY sagging skin from my weight loss.

It just doesn't seem fair and I think this company needs to warn their customers.When I called to complain they told me that it was my fault because I lost to fast!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
121 of 136 Roca Labs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 18, 2015 #960493 Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

She you know how to make somebody feel great with all those outrageous comments you must be clueless about asking those dum questions anytime you lose weight not everthing becomes saggy Incorage and be more senative with your opinions and lack of knowledge.

8 0 Reply

Jun 01, 2015 #990234

You are a very rude person, you shouldn't say that to her, she may already feel bad enough and you want to say that being an a++ shame on you >:(

6 0 Reply
Chesapeake Gal

Jul 09, 2015 #1005655

Hate to tell you but insurance will NOT PAY for the bypass or the removal of excess skin!!! I qualified for 28 insurance plans under the new Obama Care......NONE cover bypass, weight loss management, and the removal of the skin is considered elective surgery. If you have a hernia it might cover some of the cost, that depends. And if you have lots of skin hanging you will probably get a hernia. The sad thing is no matter HOW much I pay for the new Obama Care plan!!!! I can not get help. I have tired and tried and lost 100's of pounds over my life. I am still over 300 lbs. Now IF I was Medicaid I could get it for FREE!!!! I know a young girl in her 20's that got it done in December 2014 all on the public tab. She flaunts the face she paid nothing!!!! I am 58 years old and have struggled and continue to struggle. No help for this older woman!!!! Oh but keep paying those taxes so all the young girls can get it done for free. AND yes I have checked the prices on pay myself....I do not have @ $35,000 to put our just for the start. Then there is follow up care etc. Then another $30,000 for the snip-snip to fix my body. I am mad and sad at the same time and have started another diet trying to loose my weight.

Jul 04 #1181238 West Simsbury, Connecticut, United States

I think I'm gonna loose my weight due to excess vomiting and diarrhea after reading all this *** you just wrote here. SMH, listen you turd bucket, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all! Have some respect and decency for the effort other people put into what is already a struggle in their life.
And educate your saggy brain before you go commenting on what health plans cover or dont.
This woman should be proud of her accomplishment extra skin or not, unlike you cause there's no fixing ***! God bless you btw!

WHATCHDOG

Dec 18, 2014 #917824 Syosset, New York, United States

THE PERCENTAGE TAKEN ON SMALL AMOUNTS ARE LISTED AS 2.9% PLUS $.30, WHICH ADDS UP TO 6% ON ANY SMALL PURCHASES. THE SNEAKY LITTLE $.30 IS JUST ANOTHER WAY PAYPAL SCAMS EVERY SELLER. THEY WILL KEEP ADDING THE NICKLE AND DIME PHILOSOPHY UNTIL EVERY ONE WISES UP TO THEIR SCHEMES. SINCE E BAY AND PAYPAL ARE ONE COMPANY, THEY ARE DOUBLE DIPPING THE SELLERS AND TAKING FAR TOO MUCH. GREED WILL CREATE OTHER COMPETITORS THAT MIGHT DEAL MORE FAIRLY.

1 0 Reply
Oriana

Jan 25, 2015 #936312 Inman, South Carolina, United States

Credit card companies do the same thing, they charge anywhere from 6‰ to 10% per transaction. And the company/person taking the money pays that fee. Or did you think using a credit card was actually free for both parties?

JulieBo

Dec 15, 2014 #915870 New York, New York, United States

Dear PissedConsumer User:
Not everyone believes you should have the right to express yourself about the companies who take your hard-earned money for their products and services. Roca Labs certainly does not. Please read on to learn about the legal campaign Roca Labs is undertaking to punish consumers who complain about its products.
Roca Labs is doing whatever it can to identify former customers and others who have posted their comments here so it can take legal action against them to prevent them from expressing themselves and informing other consumers about their experiences. PissedConsumer is fighting the actions of Roca Labs in the courts. Our attorneys have filed papers in two different states demonstrating that the law prohibits these actions by Roca Labs. But Roca Labs is not waiting for a ruling – it is suing customers to shut down their speech and, if possible, obtain “damages” to intimidate others from speaking. Roca Labs seems likely continue to sue customers who speak out until a judge stops them.
We hope that happens soon, but it may take months to obtain a ruling. We cannot provide legal advice or representation to users, however. Therefore, you may wish to seek legal counsel if you have concerns about a review you have posted here. Your lawyer may contact us via legal@pissedconsumer.com.
You should also review our takedown policy at http://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/publications/pissed-consumer-questions-and-answers-faq-2.html to
... Show more

2 3 Reply
KellyinKaty

Dec 04, 2014 #910790 Houston, Texas, United States

It may not be the product that caused the loose skin. When you lose a significant amount of weight, there is going to be skin sagging, especially if you had rapid weight loss, as you did. I also lost a significant amount of weight, not using any products, through diet and exercise, and also experienced skin sag in the stomach and upper thigh area. It's normal, it does get a little better with time, but of course can also be fixed through cosmetic surgery (which is usually an extreme procedure).

6 0 Reply
Arisgma

Nov 10, 2014 #898200 Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Are you serious? If you had had the surgery your skin would be baggy as well. How long have you been overweight? If it has been a considerable amount of weight and has been more than just a six month or more time that you have carried this weight, you WILL have saggy baggy elephant skin. Doesn't matter how you loose the weight it is the fact that you did loose it. Be happy you lost the weight and after you have lost all of the weight you want to look into a tummy tuck.

10 2 Reply

Oct 16, 2014 #885453 Newton, Iowa, United States

Ok o if you loose weight in your 20s your skin won't sag but if your older yes your skin will sag its been stretched for a long time be happy that your skinny stop complaining live life to the fullest I haven't even tried it yet and I will I bet your one of the dumbasses thats sueing red bull BC the slogan says "it gives you wings" seriously wake up grow up and stop being dumb and do your research . thank you I'm done

10 2 Reply
Jen

Sep 15, 2014 #870484

Are you kidding? This is obviously posted by the company to make it seem like their product is SO good that the only side effect is the horrible RAPID weight loss that makes your skin sag, Bravo Roca Labs

14 2 Reply
John Doe

Jul 30, 2014 #848766

So many John Does on here.
Duck off ROCA bitchy labs!

11 2 Reply
Christopher

Jul 30, 2014 #848297

Hi Semmie. It's good that you lost all that weight. And just like one of the anons said, saggy skin is also common for weight loss surgeries. But you should look at the final score. You would probably spend thousand of $ on actual weight loss surgery and couple more when you develop saggy skin. Instead you spent far less on this product and you still lost weight as if you had surgery. You saved a lot of money with this product and you can now have the surgery to remove the excess skin.
Congratulations on the results!!!

4 7 Reply

Jun 03, 2014 #823195 Cleveland, Ohio, United States

This would have happened if you had gastric bypass too....they probably could/should have warned you and though it was wrong of them not to do so, it isn't their fault. Plus most people tend not to care since the weight is finally off and the biggest obstacle is over. The only thing i see on the terms that they did put in there is that you are supposed to ease into the product over several weeks therefore slowing down weight loss and therefore hopefully eliminating that particular problem. Otherwise, congratulations on your big success! If only everyone could be so lucky!!

8 0 Reply

Mar 25, 2014 #798677 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

It is not there fault for sagging skin, that comes when you are overweight and lose alot of weight. I mean no disrespect. If the product works this is great.

2 6 Reply

Mar 14, 2014 #794715 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Loose skin does result from extreme, rapid weight loss, especially if you aren't incorporating toning exercises. This happens with any weight loss method.

0 4 Reply
PimpdaddyBlueschuck

Mar 14, 2014 #794974 Columbus, Ohio, United States

Toning exercises aren't gonna help either (not a noticeable amount anyway). Unless she's 3 years old (which is quite possible based on her shock over having excess skin after losing close to 100lbs in less than half a year) no amount of toning exercises or moisturizing creams is gonna take care of that skin. If she doesn't like it she should either hide it under clothes, have surgery, or the gain weight back.

7 2 Reply
PimpdaddyBlueschuck

Feb 26, 2014 #789046 Columbus, Ohio, United States

Did you do ANY research prior to losing the weight?? I'm sure that having excess skin is discussed as an outcome for any major weight loss plan or procedure. I'm not an expert on cosmetic surgery but I'm pretty sure that's why people get tummy tucks....not for weight loss but for the extra skin after weight loss.

5 1 Reply

Feb 26, 2014 #789040 Madison, Wisconsin, United States

Uhhhh,you're kidding,right? Medically speaking, you lose a lot of weight, you're going to have sagging skin. Common sense should tell you that.

7 2 Reply

1-20 of 28 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Roca Labs.
Filing a new complaint about
×