Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery made my skin sag!

I purchased the Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery procedure over 4.5 months ago.Since I began on my weight loss journey I lost a total of 87lbs.

I am happy for the weight loss but very disappointed in the loose skin! They need to warn people that sagging skin is a side effect of their product. The doctor explained that since I lost the weight so fast it caused my skin to become loose.

Well I bought Roca Labs to avoid surgery and now the doctor is telling me I may need surgery to remove the loose UGLY sagging skin from my weight loss.

It just doesn't seem fair and I think this company needs to warn their customers.When I called to complain they told me that it was my fault because I lost to fast!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 21 Yes 21 32 No 32
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Oct 23, 2015 #1052820

With any weight loss you have to tone loose skin. Start strength training along with cardio and it will take care of most loose skin. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Sep 20, 2015 #1036226

Organ a
Shut your mouth! Leave the girl alone. She has done extremely well to achieve such a lot of weight loss. Anonymous, well done! I hope you find an answere to the loose skin. Excercise won't help with loose skin, however, it will tone muscles & help keep you fit. Next time diet with Isagenic way. The programme is focused on not just weight loss but also health & regeneration of tissues. I have just ordered the Roca but I will include the Isagenic programme to see it does the same for me ( registered nurse) For any enquires for Isagenic contact:

Sep 19, 2015 #1036216 Brisbane, Queensland

You would have that loose skin with any diet slow or fast. It depends on age, health & how much body fat you have. My 35 yr daughter has worse than your picture from expanding during pregnancy alone. (Registered Nurse)

Sep 11, 2015 #1032466

You loss weigh so fast after being heavy How long? Your body can't take up your skin that fast. With some exercise helps, some people need surgery to remove excess skin. I would love your problem. Gastric Bypass patient in the past.

1 0 Reply

Jul 15, 2015 #1007851

You will have loose skin after losing a lot of weight. If you had Bari artic surgery you would have loose and sagging skin. You will probably need to have a tummy tuck. This is usually the next step after losing a large amount of weight. Roca Labs is not at fault.

5 0 Reply

Jul 11, 2015 #1006378

Omg that would a happened with gastric too also did u exercise lol and if ur quite large it is a given lol

3 0 Reply
hawk 17

Mar 18, 2015 #960488 Oro Valley, Arizona

Of course your skin will get saggy where is it going to go its like having a child you need to work out thats what you should of been doing in the beginning never to late but you got to know what fitness program works for your issues that makes a difference hope this helps.

3 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #936311 Inman, South Carolina

Oh my, isn't this terrible! That photo is horrible; I can just imagine the loose saggy skin hanging off your upper arms. Why it must look like you have Bat Wings! And your thighs, does the loose skin hang down over your knees? Ewwww. What about your neck, does it look like a Turkey's neck? You know all that loose warty skin? Oh wait, I forgot your buttocks - are they loose too? Gee, it must be terrifying when you have to wipe yourself, I mean just think about all that tissue getting stuck in saggy skin folds as you try to clean yourself off. Ewwww.
Losing all that weight certainly ruined your life, didn't it? And the company that performed the Gastric Bypass never advised you on the consequences of losing weight? None of their Doctors told you at all? What about your own Doctor, did he mention it? My, my. Have you ever watched any of the Reality Television shows on Weight loss? I'm asking because most of those shows tell how excess skin shows up after extreme weight loss. I remember one gal she had over 80 pounds of excess skin hanging off of her body. They had a photo of her in a two piece bathing suit and by golly,she looked like a monster! The poor woman had lost over 300 lbs and now she was grotesque. But they did like three separate surgeries to remove the excess skin, and now she looks like a Beauty Queen, a Movie Star, she's absolutely Gorgeous!
So you shouldn't really be discouraged. Losing all that weight
... Show more

6 8 Reply

Mar 18, 2015 #960493 Albuquerque, New Mexico

She you know how to make somebody feel great with all those outrageous comments you must be clueless about asking those dum questions anytime you lose weight not everthing becomes saggy Incorage and be more senative with your opinions and lack of knowledge.

8 0 Reply

Jun 01, 2015 #990234

You are a very rude person, you shouldn't say that to her, she may already feel bad enough and you want to say that being an a++ shame on you >:(

6 0 Reply
Chesapeake Gal

Jul 09, 2015 #1005655

Hate to tell you but insurance will NOT PAY for the bypass or the removal of excess skin!!! I qualified for 28 insurance plans under the new Obama Care......NONE cover bypass, weight loss management, and the removal of the skin is considered elective surgery. If you have a hernia it might cover some of the cost, that depends. And if you have lots of skin hanging you will probably get a hernia. The sad thing is no matter HOW much I pay for the new Obama Care plan!!!! I can not get help. I have tired and tried and lost 100's of pounds over my life. I am still over 300 lbs. Now IF I was Medicaid I could get it for FREE!!!! I know a young girl in her 20's that got it done in December 2014 all on the public tab. She flaunts the face she paid nothing!!!! I am 58 years old and have struggled and continue to struggle. No help for this older woman!!!! Oh but keep paying those taxes so all the young girls can get it done for free. AND yes I have checked the prices on pay myself....I do not have @ $35,000 to put our just for the start. Then there is follow up care etc. Then another $30,000 for the snip-snip to fix my body. I am mad and sad at the same time and have started another diet trying to loose my weight.

Jul 04 #1181238 West Simsbury, Connecticut

I think I'm gonna loose my weight due to excess vomiting and diarrhea after reading all this *** you just wrote here. SMH, listen you turd bucket, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all! Have some respect and decency for the effort other people put into what is already a struggle in their life.
And educate your saggy brain before you go commenting on what health plans cover or dont.
This woman should be proud of her accomplishment extra skin or not, unlike you cause there's no fixing ***! God bless you btw!

Dec 18, 2014 #917824 Syosset, New York

1 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #936312 Inman, South Carolina

Credit card companies do the same thing, they charge anywhere from 6‰ to 10% per transaction. And the company/person taking the money pays that fee. Or did you think using a credit card was actually free for both parties?

Dec 15, 2014 #915870 New York, New York

Dear PissedConsumer User:
Not everyone believes you should have the right to express yourself about the companies who take your hard-earned money for their products and services. Roca Labs certainly does not. Please read on to learn about the legal campaign Roca Labs is undertaking to punish consumers who complain about its products.
Roca Labs is doing whatever it can to identify former customers and others who have posted their comments here so it can take legal action against them to prevent them from expressing themselves and informing other consumers about their experiences. PissedConsumer is fighting the actions of Roca Labs in the courts. Our attorneys have filed papers in two different states demonstrating that the law prohibits these actions by Roca Labs. But Roca Labs is not waiting for a ruling – it is suing customers to shut down their speech and, if possible, obtain “damages” to intimidate others from speaking. Roca Labs seems likely continue to sue customers who speak out until a judge stops them.
We hope that happens soon, but it may take months to obtain a ruling. We cannot provide legal advice or representation to users, however. Therefore, you may wish to seek legal counsel if you have concerns about a review you have posted here. Your lawyer may contact us via
You should also review our takedown policy at to
... Show more

2 3 Reply

Dec 04, 2014 #910790 Houston, Texas

It may not be the product that caused the loose skin. When you lose a significant amount of weight, there is going to be skin sagging, especially if you had rapid weight loss, as you did. I also lost a significant amount of weight, not using any products, through diet and exercise, and also experienced skin sag in the stomach and upper thigh area. It's normal, it does get a little better with time, but of course can also be fixed through cosmetic surgery (which is usually an extreme procedure).

6 0 Reply

Nov 10, 2014 #898200 Virginia Beach, Virginia

Are you serious? If you had had the surgery your skin would be baggy as well. How long have you been overweight? If it has been a considerable amount of weight and has been more than just a six month or more time that you have carried this weight, you WILL have saggy baggy elephant skin. Doesn't matter how you loose the weight it is the fact that you did loose it. Be happy you lost the weight and after you have lost all of the weight you want to look into a tummy tuck.

10 2 Reply

Oct 16, 2014 #885453 Newton, Iowa

Ok o if you loose weight in your 20s your skin won't sag but if your older yes your skin will sag its been stretched for a long time be happy that your skinny stop complaining live life to the fullest I haven't even tried it yet and I will I bet your one of the dumbasses thats sueing red bull BC the slogan says "it gives you wings" seriously wake up grow up and stop being dumb and do your research . thank you I'm done

10 2 Reply

Sep 15, 2014 #870484

Are you kidding? This is obviously posted by the company to make it seem like their product is SO good that the only side effect is the horrible RAPID weight loss that makes your skin sag, Bravo Roca Labs

14 2 Reply
John Doe

Jul 30, 2014 #848766

So many John Does on here.
Duck off ROCA bitchy labs!

11 2 Reply

1-20 of 28 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

You were reading a complaint about Roca Labs.
Filing a new complaint about