Rmc Vehicle Maintenance - Beware: RMC Motors and Repairs in Howick
Beware of RMC Motors in Howick!This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying their crook their clients in order to ensure their own survival.
They have attempted to *** me out of approx R 16 000.00 by charging storage fees for 2 motor vehicles that Mike was working on since January 2016. These jobs are not completed but I was suddenly informed after signing a very dubious indemnity form that I owe RMC Motors storage fees!! This indemnity form was not 'Consumer Protection Act' compliant and the money was paid to Mike to fix my motors - nothing was said at the time regarding storage fees. They clearly used my R16 000.00 to aid them moving to new business premises after they struggled to maintain their monthly rent at their first Business premise.
By further investigation I also discovered that none of his other clients are charged storage fees !?! The motors were returned to me in the most disgusting state with oil marks and spills all over the seats, engine and gear box parts scattered all over the interior of the vehicles. Some of the spare parts belonging to vehicle 1 appeared in vehicle no 2 and some parts are missing altogether. Again no compliance with the rules relating to the Motor Industry as spelled out in the 'Consumer Protection Act'.
Moreover, he left the engine of one vehicle at an Engineer Company (to redo it) but when I visited their workshop the owner was unable to tell me what they have actually done to the engine (this after 7 months and with more than R20 000.00 in their kitty to get going on the job). Mike Le Roux still has not returned my engine - clearly he is hoping to make a few more Rands out this this one as well.
I am sorry but the service at RMC Motors is appalling and with gross negligence!STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS !!!!!!!
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them..."
- "I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed..."
- "My Corningware casserole dish was in the oven when it broke into two. Highly disappointed with the quality of this product and the false promises made by your company! Will..."
- "Beware of RMC Motors in Howick! This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying..."
- "I bought steel toe womens new balance sneakers on June 16, 2016 little less then six months old. Wear them 3-4 days a week. Most of my day is sitting..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."