Rmc Vehicle Maintenance - Beware: RMC Motors and Repairs in Howick
Beware of RMC Motors in Howick!This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying their crook their clients in order to ensure their own survival.
They have attempted to *** me out of approx R 16 000.00 by charging storage fees for 2 motor vehicles that Mike was working on since January 2016. These jobs are not completed but I was suddenly informed after signing a very dubious indemnity form that I owe RMC Motors storage fees!! This indemnity form was not 'Consumer Protection Act' compliant and the money was paid to Mike to fix my motors - nothing was said at the time regarding storage fees. They clearly used my R16 000.00 to aid them moving to new business premises after they struggled to maintain their monthly rent at their first Business premise.
By further investigation I also discovered that none of his other clients are charged storage fees !?! The motors were returned to me in the most disgusting state with oil marks and spills all over the seats, engine and gear box parts scattered all over the interior of the vehicles. Some of the spare parts belonging to vehicle 1 appeared in vehicle no 2 and some parts are missing altogether. Again no compliance with the rules relating to the Motor Industry as spelled out in the 'Consumer Protection Act'.
Moreover, he left the engine of one vehicle at an Engineer Company (to redo it) but when I visited their workshop the owner was unable to tell me what they have actually done to the engine (this after 7 months and with more than R20 000.00 in their kitty to get going on the job). Mike Le Roux still has not returned my engine - clearly he is hoping to make a few more Rands out this this one as well.
I am sorry but the service at RMC Motors is appalling and with gross negligence!STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS !!!!!!!
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Owned Chateau from end of March and my Rig has been to Camping World around 5 times and reported over 11 issues and still going with them ever y day.Well,..."
- "I usually don't write many reviews but I thought that my poor experience yesterday at Ziebart in Henrietta was worth writing about. I first became acquainted with Ziebart when I..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "My Corningware casserole dish was in the oven when it broke into two. Highly disappointed with the quality of this product and the false promises made by your company! Will..."
- "I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed..."
- "Beware of RMC Motors in Howick! This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."