Rising Sun Palace And Sunset Lounge - Rising Sun Palace & Sunset Lounge - Foreign Object in Food and BAD CSR!!
I have enjoyed the food, service, and fun at Rising Sun AKA Fong's for over 20 years but today after finding a dried up piece of a foreign object - possibly HARD GRASS? OR WOOD? OLD FINGER NAIL?, in my soup -ICK- ! While eating it! Super icky!! Not going back ever! We ordered our two faves a large Hot 'n' Sour soup and Kung Pao chicken. Nothing Kung or "Pow" about the chicken it was more sweet than hot and no peanuts on top, in the middle, bottom, or the sides. Back to the MAIN GROSS issue: When I went back for seconds using my large soup mug, which holds about 1.5 cups, I almost crunched down on this thing that first glance looked like a finger nail? Yuck!
We took everything back and I put the GROSS thing in a plastic bag. First the owner/manager said something to the effect he has his DNA on file and can prove it is not his finger nail. Why would that be your first response to a foreign object that we thought at first might be a finger nail. What is is this CSI over soup? It was agreed it was grass either way the GRASS/FOREIGN OBJECT in my SOUP CAME FROM RISING SUN PALACE. We asked for to make it right or a for refund but he refused because ate half the soup. If he would have listened to us I didn't discover the GRASS/FOREIGN OBJECT in my soup until my SECOND cup which is about 1/2 to 3/4 of the soup that was ordered. Sometime between going back and forth about the grass/dirt/finger nail/whatever it is- that he said wasn't from his restaurant he got a phone call and just walked away from us.
He did state during the back and forth - "it's not about the $$ it's about the principle" . So here is our PRINCIPLE to let people know about our BAD experience today. I have worked in CSR for over 25 years and WOW! I would have been so fired!! If the conversation had taken a different turn in stating he was sorry that the "grass/dirt/foreign object" that was found in my soup from his restaurant and for any inconvenience that this may have caused us vs. FIGHTING with us from the get go. This post would not be here or it could have been a positive post if things had been handled professionally.
Now after seeing the foreign object with the soup wiped off and dried it does look like some type of dried of grass. Please see picture. But it still part of the recipe or an edible type grass. Please see the picture attached. All we wanted was to have it made right after being grossed out finding a hard piece of grass in my soup from a restaurant. Not a fight from the time we walked in his restaurant.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "My family and I went to the Hooters in Crestview Florida. I was visiting for the holidays. We arrived and there was no hostess. We sat ouraelves. It took ten..."
- "I visited the Chili's in Cedar Hill and was very disappointed in the appearance of the facility. When me and my friend arrived at 1pm today during lunch hour we..."
- "No bacon in the crust. No bacon in the trust! Bad pizza. Way disappointed. SHAME ON YOU BLAKE SHELTON! Wats with this lame pie? No bacon. Almost no cheese?..."
- "I was having alcohol withdrawals, shakes, delusions and went to the VA emergency in Portland OR. they kept me on day 9/11/2016 and sent me home. I was still suffering..."
- "Ordered 100 blooms for my girlfriend for Valentines day as I would be away with my team. Called to check up on it on Monday told it was shipped..."
- "Months ago, I had wanted an altar table to place all of my sacred treasures on so that I could have a special place to meditate in front of. I..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."