Rise Broadband - Change their contacts and force you into a data cap with contract

370 of 427 Rise Broadband reviews

I signed up for service through Rise Broadband the beginning of 2015 and when I signed up they had 2 choices either no contract with a data cap or I could sign up for a 2yr contract and have no data cap.When I signed up for this service they said I could increase my speed or decrease my speed at anytime throughout the contract without extending the contract or facing any penalties.

I called yesterday to increase my speed from 5MB to 10MB and now I am being told that if I switch to their 10MB it will extend my contract and I will also have a data cap.

I told them that was not what I was told when I signed up and they said that is the only choice I have now.I told them that they can now release me from my contract since they changed what they had originally told me and they basically told me I can take it or stay with what I currently have.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bait and switch

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Rise Broadbandbusiness High-Speed Internet Package
Review category
Telecommunications
review #721241

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rise Broadband? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
370 of 427 Rise Broadband reviews
slott76621

Oct 22, 2015 #1052456

The more I read about Rise BB just makes me depressed they took Internet America over - IA provided good service with NO problems for over a year and already I miss them so much! After 7 years with Hughes Net I was really impressed by IA!
Boo to Rise BB!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.