Rinnai heater/ boiler faulty instillation- denied by manufacturer
Heater boiler (model Q130sp ),was installed with exhaust under roof soffit ventilation .Exhaust constantly enter house for over two years causing many health problems.
Rinnai denied all responsibility ,even though their tech complained about numerous mistakes. The final letter from the U.S. Company claimed it was installed correctly. Truly a contrived and unethical response, considering the entire event was taped and partially filmed.
Total lack of responsibility contrived to protect the U.S. Company, which it won't! That exhaust messed up 2 years of my life, and we are determining the long term effects now, I.e. Organ damage and/ or brain damage.
To quote the tech " Dirt was found throughout the boiler vent system, air box, fan, combustion chamber and condensate drain. This dirt was very similar in color to the soil below the vent termination. I suspect that in windy conditions the boiler intake vent sucks in dust from the soil below and feeds it into the boiler. This was the cause of the boiler problems a few weeks ago, which A1 Plumbing resolved by cleaning about a cup of muck out of the condensate trap of the boiler." This comment is all BS!
I cleaned the cup myself and it was all carbon; not only that I recently cleaned it again and found only carbon!
Tech says "I understand your concern about the boiler exhaust getting into the soffit above the exhaust. I did not observe this, but don’t doubt that you have witnessed it. I did observe exhaust gas recirculating into the boiler intake vent on low power, which is not ideal for the boiler." Again lying, in the recording he mentions three different times that the exhaust was going into the soffit ventilation and never mentions dirt at all- an after thought?
That dirt is well packed due to the amount of water that the drain dumps on it and the shrubs would also prevent it from getting that high.Also that room is our exercise room!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of truthfulness
- Reason of review:
- Lack of responsibility and consistant lying
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Water Heater
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- "I bought a new radio for my vehicle and it is defective. ALIEXPRESS and the company Jorge Car DVD co, ltd will not support the one year warranty they claim..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."