Rinnai heater/ boiler faulty instillation- denied by manufacturer
Heater boiler (model Q130sp ),was installed with exhaust under roof soffit ventilation .Exhaust constantly enter house for over two years causing many health problems.
Rinnai denied all responsibility ,even though their tech complained about numerous mistakes. The final letter from the U.S. Company claimed it was installed correctly. Truly a contrived and unethical response, considering the entire event was taped and partially filmed.
Total lack of responsibility contrived to protect the U.S. Company, which it won't! That exhaust messed up 2 years of my life, and we are determining the long term effects now, I.e. Organ damage and/ or brain damage.
To quote the tech " Dirt was found throughout the boiler vent system, air box, fan, combustion chamber and condensate drain. This dirt was very similar in color to the soil below the vent termination. I suspect that in windy conditions the boiler intake vent sucks in dust from the soil below and feeds it into the boiler. This was the cause of the boiler problems a few weeks ago, which A1 Plumbing resolved by cleaning about a cup of muck out of the condensate trap of the boiler." This comment is all BS!
I cleaned the cup myself and it was all carbon; not only that I recently cleaned it again and found only carbon!
Tech says "I understand your concern about the boiler exhaust getting into the soffit above the exhaust. I did not observe this, but don’t doubt that you have witnessed it. I did observe exhaust gas recirculating into the boiler intake vent on low power, which is not ideal for the boiler." Again lying, in the recording he mentions three different times that the exhaust was going into the soffit ventilation and never mentions dirt at all- an after thought?
That dirt is well packed due to the amount of water that the drain dumps on it and the shrubs would also prevent it from getting that high.Also that room is our exercise room!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of truthfulness
- Reason of review:
- Lack of responsibility and consistant lying
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Water Heater
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife, as the thief was bringing stolen possession out of the..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."