Marmora, New Jersey

Heater boiler (model Q130sp ),was installed with exhaust under roof soffit ventilation .Exhaust constantly enter house for over two years causing many health problems.

Rinnai denied all responsibility ,even though their tech complained about numerous mistakes. The final letter from the U.S. Company claimed it was installed correctly. Truly a contrived and unethical response, considering the entire event was taped and partially filmed.

Total lack of responsibility contrived to protect the U.S. Company, which it won't! That exhaust messed up 2 years of my life, and we are determining the long term effects now, I.e. Organ damage and/ or brain damage.

To quote the tech " Dirt was found throughout the boiler vent system, air box, fan, combustion chamber and condensate drain. This dirt was very similar in color to the soil below the vent termination. I suspect that in windy conditions the boiler intake vent sucks in dust from the soil below and feeds it into the boiler. This was the cause of the boiler problems a few weeks ago, which A1 Plumbing resolved by cleaning about a cup of muck out of the condensate trap of the boiler." This comment is all BS!

I cleaned the cup myself and it was all carbon; not only that I recently cleaned it again and found only carbon!

Tech says "I understand your concern about the boiler exhaust getting into the soffit above the exhaust. I did not observe this, but don’t doubt that you have witnessed it. I did observe exhaust gas recirculating into the boiler intake vent on low power, which is not ideal for the boiler." Again lying, in the recording he mentions three different times that the exhaust was going into the soffit ventilation and never mentions dirt at all- an after thought?

That dirt is well packed due to the amount of water that the drain dumps on it and the shrubs would also prevent it from getting that high.Also that room is our exercise room!!

Review about: Water Heater.

I didn't like: Lack of truthfulness.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Lack of responsibility and consistant lying / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Rinnai?

Comments

simmons plumbing
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1274942

page 31 of this manual clearly show that the installation was incorrect. https://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/U287-1930X0100.pdf