Rinnai heater/ boiler faulty instillation- denied by manufacturer
Heater boiler (model Q130sp ),was installed with exhaust under roof soffit ventilation .Exhaust constantly enter house for over two years causing many health problems.
Rinnai denied all responsibility ,even though their tech complained about numerous mistakes. The final letter from the U.S. Company claimed it was installed correctly. Truly a contrived and unethical response, considering the entire event was taped and partially filmed.
Total lack of responsibility contrived to protect the U.S. Company, which it won't! That exhaust messed up 2 years of my life, and we are determining the long term effects now, I.e. Organ damage and/ or brain damage.
To quote the tech " Dirt was found throughout the boiler vent system, air box, fan, combustion chamber and condensate drain. This dirt was very similar in color to the soil below the vent termination. I suspect that in windy conditions the boiler intake vent sucks in dust from the soil below and feeds it into the boiler. This was the cause of the boiler problems a few weeks ago, which A1 Plumbing resolved by cleaning about a cup of muck out of the condensate trap of the boiler." This comment is all BS!
I cleaned the cup myself and it was all carbon; not only that I recently cleaned it again and found only carbon!
Tech says "I understand your concern about the boiler exhaust getting into the soffit above the exhaust. I did not observe this, but don’t doubt that you have witnessed it. I did observe exhaust gas recirculating into the boiler intake vent on low power, which is not ideal for the boiler." Again lying, in the recording he mentions three different times that the exhaust was going into the soffit ventilation and never mentions dirt at all- an after thought?
That dirt is well packed due to the amount of water that the drain dumps on it and the shrubs would also prevent it from getting that high.Also that room is our exercise room!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of truthfulness
- Reason of review:
- Lack of responsibility and consistant lying
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Water Heater
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."