Update by user Nov 07, 2016

We experienced another problem with the poor workmanship. We had our first flood due to the pipes not being sealed and tightened. We have only been in our newly built home 2-months and the water company had to come and pump the water off our street because that is how much water we were loosing from the busted pipe that was not sealed and tightened.

Update by user Nov 07, 2016

Tile floors are still unresolved. We are getting the run around by Richmond American Homes. The tile floors were put in uneven through out the entire house and they are only willing to "patch work" certain parts but not correct the whole problem.

Original review posted by user Sep 15, 2016

Unfortunately we had Richmond American Homes build our new home. We do love the floor plan but everything else was a disaster. The sales staff were very unprofessional and rude. The loan process was like the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing and the construction Foreman would not accommodate for our work schedule (he gets off at 3pm).

The floor plan is amazing but the workmanship is very amateurish. All of our upgrades were very poorly done! From door knobs not lining up, holes in the walls (allowing rodents and insects in), to the floors not being leveled & unfinished. And yes…we paid for these upgrades and they are the poorest work done to the house. There is no way the Foreman checked his workers completed work or may he thought we wouldn't notice. I spent the first week scrubbing grout and paint off my upgraded floors because whoever painted and installed the floors did not clean-up the mess they made.

If you get a house built by Richmond American Homes…do not expect to close on time due to the massive clean-up on all the errors with the construction work. They also expect for you to take days off of work to accommodate their workers schedules and will not accommodate for yours. Hope you work from home or have a lot of sick leave time.

P.S.

Please check behind the toilets because you will find unfinished work or a massive mess you will have to clean up. And look on top of your kitchen cabinets because you will find that your cabinets are not finished or where they put their trash and material scraps.

Good Luck,

Renee

Review about: Richmond American Homes Poor Quality Work.

Review #919100 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.7
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Richmond American Homes?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.