Restoration Works - Stephen pate restoration stole my motorcycle and sold it
Update added by user Apr 09, 2013
Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2013
Stephen Pate seems like a nice enough guy when you first meet him. He comes across as very knowledgeable about motorcycles. He spins yarns about all the people he knows and has done big favors for, how without him they would have been in the dark. In my opinion Stephen uses people as stepping stones to his own end and that is to BS his way to their money. I think it may be the big bucks he is after. What I hear is that Stephan is taking big deposits from those unfortunate enough to have fallen for the BS. Ponsi on a smaller scale than we are used to perhaps but ponsi just the same.
I met Stephan Pate of Restoration Werks in Minnesota where I was having him work on a old 1000 Kawasaki. He found a Harris rolling chassis on Ebay and on his recommendation I purchased it. He did around $2500. of work over a two year period on it, while I had another party do the engine build.
The motor work took a lot longer than we had anticipated and Stephan moved his shop to Louisville. We agreed for him to bring the frame with him and we would sell it from there or I would pic it up. We agreed to try to find a buyer for it if we could by word of mouth or internet. I was looking to get around $6000. We had an on going conversation on face-book and talked on the phone when Stephan wasn't to busy.I got this message in Dec. Hey man. I have a guy here today that I know that is interested seriously in your Harris. He's a cash buyer and ready to go. He's offered $4k for the chassis setup and exhaust that is here. given the market on this stuff *now*, as opposed to when you bought, I think this is a very fair offer... and it's real. I could have the cash or check or whatever, today. Whattya want to do? My recommendation, in case you are interested, is to take it.
My response was to call but only could leave ok let's sell and hey what's going on voice messages.Me:6th Dec face-bookSent you a message a while back saying ok lets sell, did you get it. Is there still interest. It apparently it gets sold and I leave regular phone and face book messages, in Feb, Mar, Apr.I hear nothing from him for five months.I find a buyer for the bike and call him april 30th to let him know and to make arrangements for pic up. Stephan calls me and tells me he sold it in Nov 2011 for $4800. and would call me back to make arrangements to pay me. He has not yet done thatThis a rare British racing sport bike and matched with my engine it could bring $12,000 to $15,000 to a collector.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "I have a similar story to others here. Let me just start by saying this place advertises that their prices are lower than others and nothing can be further from..."
- "We used behr restore on our deck in the summer of 2015. Now the deck is peeling and chipping off. Our one beautiful deck that we enterained on is horrible..."
- "I have been to this location before with a bad experience but management helped me greatly since it took so long and they were unable to address all of my..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."