Restoration Works - Stephen pate restoration stole my motorcycle and sold it
Update added by user Apr 09, 2013
Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2013
Stephen Pate seems like a nice enough guy when you first meet him. He comes across as very knowledgeable about motorcycles. He spins yarns about all the people he knows and has done big favors for, how without him they would have been in the dark. In my opinion Stephen uses people as stepping stones to his own end and that is to BS his way to their money. I think it may be the big bucks he is after. What I hear is that Stephan is taking big deposits from those unfortunate enough to have fallen for the BS. Ponsi on a smaller scale than we are used to perhaps but ponsi just the same.
I met Stephan Pate of Restoration Werks in Minnesota where I was having him work on a old 1000 Kawasaki. He found a Harris rolling chassis on Ebay and on his recommendation I purchased it. He did around $2500. of work over a two year period on it, while I had another party do the engine build.
The motor work took a lot longer than we had anticipated and Stephan moved his shop to Louisville. We agreed for him to bring the frame with him and we would sell it from there or I would pic it up. We agreed to try to find a buyer for it if we could by word of mouth or internet. I was looking to get around $6000. We had an on going conversation on face-book and talked on the phone when Stephan wasn't to busy.I got this message in Dec. Hey man. I have a guy here today that I know that is interested seriously in your Harris. He's a cash buyer and ready to go. He's offered $4k for the chassis setup and exhaust that is here. given the market on this stuff *now*, as opposed to when you bought, I think this is a very fair offer... and it's real. I could have the cash or check or whatever, today. Whattya want to do? My recommendation, in case you are interested, is to take it.
My response was to call but only could leave ok let's sell and hey what's going on voice messages.Me:6th Dec face-bookSent you a message a while back saying ok lets sell, did you get it. Is there still interest. It apparently it gets sold and I leave regular phone and face book messages, in Feb, Mar, Apr.I hear nothing from him for five months.I find a buyer for the bike and call him april 30th to let him know and to make arrangements for pic up. Stephan calls me and tells me he sold it in Nov 2011 for $4800. and would call me back to make arrangements to pay me. He has not yet done thatThis a rare British racing sport bike and matched with my engine it could bring $12,000 to $15,000 to a collector.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "Dear Tricam Industries and Tractor Supply, You are welcome to contact me to discuss the attached and below failure of your product.Model GW0865D-1 I will forward you all the pics..."
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "I am very upset with how tanning beds are not properly being cleaned if even wiped down at all. I have caught 2 bacteria skin infections and have proof from..."
- "I have a pair of work boots my parents bought me for christmas. Making them less than a year old and the soles are falling apart. I usually buy timberland..."
- "I bought some Chewy Chips Ahoy Oreo crime filled cookies, my Granddaughter wanted them for her birthday party last month. We opened them, and they were horrible. We threw them..."