Featured Not resolved

My tax money for 2013,2014,2015,2016 were sent to this company from my state and the money stayed there until I called about it. Then they lied and said they mailed it me.

16 days later they claimed they mailed it 6 days then 7 days then 8 days prior . Its been 20 days after holding my money for a week before I called demanding it. I was in financial ruin without that money. They caused me to loose my truck and get evicted from my apartment and I still do not have my money.

They should not be allowed to do people this way and I will no longer do business with Tax Act if this is the route i have to go for my refund.

I am contacting the Kentucky banking commission and the BBB as well as the govenors office. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK THEY TRY TO KEEP YOUR MONEY WITH NO WAY TO GET HELP!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Republic Bank Tax Refund.

Reason of review: inappropiately handling my money.

Comments

sounds to me like you have some serious issues besides those you've outlined here, if you really needed the money this badly why did it take you years to file your taxes? sounds like you might have kept your pickup had you filed your taxes each year like most Americans - just a thought

Forget the BBB. They can and will do nothing.

They are not the Commerce Police or a collection / resolution entity.

It sounds as if there has been a hold of some sort placed on your refunds ; the type due to unpaid tax or child support obligations. Plus, all the agencies are now bed-buddies and the State will confiscate your Federal refund money, the county will confiscate your State or Federal refund, etc.