Jasper, Arkansas

My sister & I sent a picture of our dad leaving the USS Latimer in August of 1945, just after Japan had surrendered.They had seen heavy battle in the Pacific.

There's a sweet little boy following him on the dock. It is a wonderful picture; we wanted to surprise him for his 90th birthday. There aren't many of those heroes left; we foolishly assumed they would be delighted to print it. We followed the guidelines to the letter, even resubmitting it for his 91st birthday.

The did not print it, nor did they give us the courtesy of a reply to our numerous letters asking why they didn't.

They print cheerleaders, why not heroes!We have all dropped our subscriptions.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Reminisce Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution The simple courtesy of telling us why the picture was not printed.

Had an Experience with Reminisce?

Comments

Customer_Care1
Reminisce Verified Representative

Dear Reader,

We are so sorry that the photo of your dad hasn’t appeared yet in an issue of Reminisce.We make every effort to select stories and photos that represent all aspects of readers’ lives and experiences.

The fact that this photo hasn’t been used, doesn’t mean that it won’t be used. When we have a concept or story idea where it fits, we go over the submissions and find the best ones to use. Quite honestly, we are working on our Editorial Calendar for 2017 and have a slot in which we’ll be focused on the Japanese surrender during WWII. So, this photo could easily find a place there.

The reality of working on a title like Reminisce is that we receive hundreds of letters and emails each and every day from readers such as yourself.

Regrettably, staff resources prohibit us from answering all the mail we receive.

Again, I apologize if you felt ignored.

That was never the intent.

Sincerely, The Editor

That's terrible!Sorry to hear about that.What a shame that they chose to treat your family that way!

Happy Birthday to your father and a "thank you" for your service Sir.

to Anonymous #1326536

We had a similar situation happen.A beloved vet and friend that my 75-year-old father went to high school with; gave the ultimate sacrifice.

We have told his story to Reminisce many times. Through the eyes of a high school friend that couldn't sever due to a medical issue. My Dad has a very sweet story of remembrance. They choose not to acknowledge REAL stories, honoring those who are no longer with us.

Even on Memorial Day.

Only HAPPY ones during war times.Very disappointed!