Reed Real Estate and Construction - Reed Real Estate - Run down rental properties
We tried this management company (Reed Real Estate) this year and we were very disappointed.The beach house that we $$$$$ paid for was not accurately portrayed on the company website.
The house was in dire need of a paint job (inside & out), it had rust and mold around the windows, the ceiling had water stains (which we were told that it was from the hurricane, from 2008????), the carpet was also covered in old stains, the wooden railing on the balcony had come loose, the wallpaper was peeling in numerous spots, some bedroom doors didn't close, the bathrooms had shower liners for shower curtains, the windows were dirty and the blinds were non-functioning. This home (Commodore West) was in poor condition. We know better now and will be sure to pass this information on to our friends, relatives and other folks that love visiting Alabama beaches. I hope this helps other families when planning a vacation to the beach and find yourself in a dump with no recourse.
Always research the property management company and the property that you are interested in, we have since found out that others have experienced the same nightmare with this company!
We should have done our homework.Always take pictures of your rental before / after you leave so you are not falsely charged for cleaning/maintenance that was not done prior to your arrival, it will be your word against the maid.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vacation Rental Property Management
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "This is a true story about how a hotel abused and threatened us with legal action and other unpleasant consequences for writing true reviews. It started when me and..."
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date January 13, 2015 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone...."
- "I, Ron Pratt worked with the above customer while trying to come to an agreement on a vehicle. I tried several nice says to tell him that because of his..."
- "Application completed with all information requested for both applicants. Apartment staff Yolanda informed of co tenants criminal past. Approved for apartment, given Yolanda's word that all was fine and..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."
- "Tread wear is severely bad due to defective materials in these tires. Local TOYO dealers and Ford service Dept (Based on TOYO info) say there is nothing they can do...."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."