Update added by user May 03, 2015
Red Sea is going to ship me a new tank replacement at no additional charge per Steve Halls
Sales Director North America & Europe
Red Sea Group
Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2015
I purchase a Red Sea Max 130d complete aquarium system value at $1300.00 plus tax a year ago.This aquarium was purchase as a gift from my wife Migdalia Acevedo as a get well soon.
Yes I was hospitalized for nearly 11 months from previous military combat injuries. Therefore I was not able to setup the tank until I was discharged and healthy enough. A week ago, I took the tank out of the box, and setup the aquarium added 40lbs of sand, and 25lbs of live fugi rock, and marco rock and saltwater. Three days later about 12:30AM while I was in bed looking at a movie on Netflix I heard a pop sound in the living room.
I immediately ran to investigate and saw water gushing from the side of the tank. Water all over my rug. In nearly 20 years as a saltwater aquarium hobbyist this has never have to me. I tried to contact the Local Fish Store (Wonderful World of Fish n' More 25-71 Steinway Street Astoria NY 11103), where my wife made the purchase and they were no longer in business.
Because I know many retailers, and hobbyists I explained my dilemma and was told to contact Rea Sea Max online support. I contact them online, explained my issue and they responded immediately via email. First point of contact was Amanda Klawender. She requested serial number located on the hood, and serial number on the back of the tank, along with a picture.
I provided serial# and pictures. Next e-mail she requested a receipt of purchase and I told her that I was in the hospital, the store that sold it to me was no longer in business and that we could not find a receipt of purchase. In her third e-mail she stated she spoke to her supervisor and that they will replace the tank only, but I would have to pay for the shipping and freight of the tank which was $235.28. I replied very upset, the fact I was not able to enjoy this tank, and that a company well known and large should provide customer service.
It seem she spoke to her supervisor delivery my message. A Christine Banitt who is the Chief Operating Officer, is asking me to provide a receipt.
And I already explained my dilemma in the initial contact.I have not heard from them since.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Aquarium 130D
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Purchase a Red Sea Max 130D setup retail $1300 about a year ago. Just a week ago I setup the tank added sand, rocks and water. For the first time...."
- "... when you hear "upper or lower" 300 or 400 room number that's the small rooms you aren't able to see..."
- "I was given a beautiful min pin terrier puppy for an early xmas present from my boyfriend on halloween. She lasted not even 72hrs before we had to take her..."
- "Okay, this is the worst flower delivery purchase I have ever done, and I do that very often. This time, since the destination was in Montreal, I had to switch..."
- "Broken seal & this is what I found. Not sure what it is, due to the comments I've read it could possibly be MOLD...Absolutely disguisting & unacceptable. Thank goodness I..."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."