Chester, Virginia

Update by user Jun 11, 2015

They came out 2 days ago and finally saw that our tub was leaking and because of the leak it shorted out our audio BUT they have promised to fix it. Now our lounger side jets don't work.

Original review posted by user Jun 05, 2015

Having the same problem with lights and audio.It worked fine for about 2 months and then the lights started flickering and then audio cut off and wouldn't work.

Related: Rec Direct - Waranty & Customer Service

Then we had a problem with it leaking water. When the service guy came out I was inside and he knocked on the door to ask me about my audio problem. I couldn't remember which connection I had been using for TWO MONTHS and only had 2 to choose from not to mention my 17 yr old daughter who knows her electronics.. But all of a sudden it magically worked again.

He then claimed claimed the leak was due to my husband not securing the plug when we refilled it and wanted to charge $130.00 for a service charge. My husband refused to pay it because everyone at one point could connect to the hot tub via bluetooth and then nobody could. Wally in the Fredricksburg office basically said it was because of our stupidity that they had to send someone out and he was voiding our warranty because we were refusing to pay. WELL two days later we still have water build up around the hot tub and now you can litterally hear it leaking sometimes from inside near the motor!

Our audio still doesn't work again and the lights flickered and briefly shut off before the radio cut off. I don't think they can blame our "stupidity" on this one! We've been calling since the beginning of May and Wally "claims" he came out may 22nd and there was no leak. I'm a stay home mom and don't go anywhere during the day how the *** did I miss him?

And why is it STILL leaking? It's not worth the discount to put up with this hassel!

To anyone else going to use this company, make sure your documenting everything with pictures and witnesses.My name is Sarah Maitland from Richmond, Va by the way..

Review about: Hot Tub.

2.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Rec Direct Hot Tub
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rec Direct?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.